I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

cts blanks
Posted by: Tristan Batho (---.ryqe1.cht.bigpond.net.au)
Date: April 11, 2012 04:43PM

hi was wondering if anyone have built or use cts blanks? thinking of building one just wanted peoples thoughts cheers

Tristan
Sydney, NSW
Australia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cts blanks
Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: April 11, 2012 05:43PM

Love the ones I've used

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 11, 2012 05:47PM

Try the Search

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Ellis P. Mendiola (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: April 11, 2012 06:08PM

They are nice blanks. I have four. Two of the rods are 8 wt. fly rods; one is a moderate action and the other is a fast action blank. I really like the fly rods.

Posted by: Frank DeFranco (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: April 11, 2012 06:50PM

I have two and have built seven. All were float rods for steelhead. The first two. the tip sections broke cause of MFG defect. since then no problems. light weight yet the have some backbone.

Posted by: Capt Neil Faulkner (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 11, 2012 07:13PM

Hi,

they are excellent blanks, sensitive, light weight and strong. I bottom fished several models last year and was very pleased. I believe they are underrated line class wise.

They have a unique feature in that they will design blanks for us. I have had them design 3 models for me. Tell them your needs and they will produce the blank for an additional $60.

Capt Neil Faulkner

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2012 07:23AM by Capt Neil Faulkner.

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: April 11, 2012 08:35PM

I have a 13'6" Surf Rod rated 3-6oz It is one of my favorite rods for Striper Fishing

Posted by: Erik Godwin (---.vctrcmta01.vctatx.tl.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: April 12, 2012 01:19PM

Yes, I have built two spinning rods (8-12lb and 6-10lb) on CTS blanks, and they are superb. Sensitive, durable, and with smooth actions. Both are three-piece travel rods that have been all over the continent and taken considerable abuse in both fresh and saltwater without problems.

Posted by: Bill Hickey (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: April 13, 2012 07:51AM

I have built on the fly rod blanks, all of the models they offer in several different line weights including their fiberglass and a couple of their Prime series blanks (you tell them what you want in a taper and length). Best stuff I have used so far. I get to play around with a lot of different fly rods and very few have come close to making me want to switch from taking a CTS out on the water.

Posted by: Adam Edwards (203.15.208.---)
Date: April 16, 2012 12:23AM

Hey mate,

I have built 5 rods using CTS blanks. I have two rods built on the Baycaster 7 ft 15-24kg. Last fish I caught on this rod was a 15kg Sampson fish from 80 metres of water. The rod handled the 35 minute fight no problems. The other rods I have built was a 7ft, based on the top level blank 10 - 20lb. (cant remember its name). the last fish it caught wqas a 4 foot wobegong from 15 metres of water. The rod bought it to the surface without an issue.

They are strong, lightweight and have great sensitivity. I would recommend.

They are close to use as well being just over the ditch.

Cheers Adam

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster