I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

stuart tuff butts
Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 06, 2012 02:57PM

Have these gone out of production? Can't seem to find any on -line. Dropped by MudHole, long time backorder from Merrick.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: stuart tuff butts
Posted by: Russell Brunt (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 06, 2012 05:09PM

Are you looking for the complete package with aluminum tube and reel seat.....or just the hard nylon butt part? If the former I can't help other than to mention that Donart had a killer close out on uni-butts. If the latter there are other brands. I recently bought the ones from amtak and they appear to be good quality. I haven't fished the rods yet so no comment on durability. FWIW they matched up great with a size 22 (IIRC) channel lock seat and perfection ball gimbal. More of a pain on arbors as they aren't the same ID all the way through but there is an EVA solution (which I should have used).

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Date: April 06, 2012 06:14PM

Russ -
I was looking for the "package" aluminum tube, swagged reel seat; nylon oversleeve & gimble .... been looking & calling vendors / resellers / distributors. I may have to call Stuart direct in Florida. I also like the sleeves from American Tackle, normally I bush them out with drywall tape & U40.

Posted by: Russell Brunt (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 06, 2012 07:11PM

Yes, I'd suggest you call Stuart too. It would be a darn shame if they stopped making them. I just can't see that happening as they offered the only alternative to a uni-butt. IMHO that allowed them to dominate in certain line class offerings.

Post what you find out as I'm sure many offshore guys would want to know ASAP. @#$%& when a mainstay in your product line goes by the wayside.

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Date: April 06, 2012 07:38PM

I placed an order with DONART. If they reply that they don't offer them I'll call Stuart direct. These have been a mainstay offering for me to my customers. I've convinced lots of folks that these are "the way to go". And honestly it's an easier build for me too

Posted by: Capt Neil Faulkner (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 06, 2012 07:51PM

Hi Ken,

Have you seen the new thinner slick butts that Batson came out with. They work great for the lighter rods that I build.

Capt Neil Faulkner

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: April 06, 2012 08:41PM

Those Slim-Slicks work great! Picked up 2-10" and 2 12" after the show Thanks Kevin from Get Bit! Mated a 10" butt to a Batson RCKJB 410-250 using a Alum tube. Cannot wait to try it out this Fall on a couple Large Stripers

[www.rodbuilding.org]

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2012 09:28PM by Barry Thomas Sr.

Date: April 07, 2012 08:06AM

Thanks guys for the "tip" on the Slim Sticks. I didn't see them at the show. I don't know why but I never seem to have enough time there to really look at all the product that's being offered.

Date: April 07, 2012 08:20AM

I heard back on the order I placed with DONART and it's not looking "good" regarding the Stuart Tuff Butts. They only had a few remaining in stock; have been unable to reorder them and they too will be dropping them from their site. BUMMER for me. Now I have to contact customers to talk alternatives.

Posted by: Capt Neil Faulkner (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 07, 2012 10:00AM

Hi,

Have you seen the Pac Bay DLSS Duralite Butt Sleeve Assemblies? Interesting! Multilpe pieces.

They also have a Duralite Butt Sleeve. Thay are about the same outer diameter as the Batsom thin sleeve.

Capt Neil Faulkner

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 08, 2012 09:28PM

Ken, Check with Versitex. I see they have them on their website.

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Re: Stuart tuff butts
Posted by: Stuart Collins (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 09, 2012 02:40PM

Hi Guys,

I am sorry that it is difficult to find the Tuffbutts.

I did some phone calling when I read this post. I was not able to get a direct answer from any of the distributors as of yet. Tuffbutts are in stock and we always drop ship for our customers to get them product as soon as possible. Please let me know if there is still a problem with getting them. You can always call the factory Tuesday thru Friday from 9:30 am to 7:00 pm. Ask for me .

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: April 10, 2012 10:07AM

Love this Site ! Info right from the Top!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster