I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

More on the CCS
Posted by: JIM MOWL (---.sub-75-219-129.myvzw.com)
Date: April 01, 2012 09:52PM

So after all my reading and expieremting with the CCS system I notice the two numbers to be most concerned with is ERN and AA. For me to get a grasp on all this I need confermation if I understand and utilize it correctly. So, if I had a request for a streamer rod, 9'-10'. Prefer a stiff rod for casting 185gr streamer express line and 3"-5" streamers. being cast from the front of a drift boat while floating a narrow river, casts not usually more than 20-25' for browns, rainbows and my get an occasional steelhead.

I would be looking for a blank with an ERN of 7 to 7.5 and an AA 71 or higher and probably would suggest 9' for the preference of stiffness.

If I also understand it correctly the DBI (DBI = ERN / AA) is calculated by dividing the ERN by the AA. On one of my own rods this would be 6.3 / 68 = .0926, what is this telling me or is ir not actually a formula?
I still dont get instrict power either. Is there a fomula for it? There are charts in the article but I cant make sense of it.

Also the article found in the sponsors column and on Mudhole's site refer to WL, CCF, TP and RP. What are these abbrieveations?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More on the CCS
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 01, 2012 10:21PM

No, you don't divide anything on the DBI. The slash mark is just a separation.

The URRS features the other terms. You can find that in Volume 11 #4 if I recall correctly.

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: April 02, 2012 09:20AM

Hello Jim & Tom

Tom the articule is in 10-4 not 11-4 pg. 14.
Jim keep learning.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 02, 2012 09:50AM

Thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster