I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Need to order stuff ????
Posted by: Casey Abell (96.28.123.---)
Date: April 01, 2012 04:10PM

So im getting ready to build a rod which will be the first rod I have built in years.

Here is a rundown of what I think I need

Thread
Eyes
Reel seat
ferrel
carbon fiber handle material (cloth not the tubes)
foam for handle
checks
abalone material
but cap
CP
some type of finish

Im looking for a site where I can go online and order everything at one time... or most of it anyways. looking for a suggestion as to who to use. big thing to me is being able to go online and finding everything I need. A good site with pics / descriptions etc is a must. I have seen some sites which are pretty amateur. That would be fine if I were experienced however I am not so I need the support of a good site.

I would like to limit the responses to current sponsors as I would like to support the people who support this site

also looking for suggestions as to anything I may have missed . Like I said its been a while so im sure I forgot something

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need to order stuff ????
Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: April 01, 2012 04:47PM

get a catologe an have a idear what brand an color you want, an catologe will help you get started

Date: April 01, 2012 04:54PM

Well that is why im trying to find an online catalog. I would prefer to just jump online and get the info I need rather than have a bunch of catalogs.

Posted by: Harry Kelly (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 01, 2012 05:04PM

Casey look to the left ( NERBS ) give Billy V a call to fill your order............

Posted by: Mike Bradford (---.war.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: April 01, 2012 06:16PM

Casey:

I would sit down and write some notes on What kind of fishing you will be doing with this rod, what line weights, lure weights, length of rod price range, etc. Once you have the notes, pick up the phone and call one of the suppliers on the left. These guys and gal's are very knowledgable, and they will walk you through your order, and make a lot of suggestions about what you need, and what you don't need. The time spent on the phone will be well worth it. I would also ask them to send you a print catalog. Believe it or not, these things are a treasuretrove of information that is not on their online catalogs.

Mike Bradfrod
R.M.B. Fishing Rods
Nampa, Idaho

Posted by: Peter Genna (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 01, 2012 06:43PM

Check out Mudhole.com. You can order a catalog from them also.

Date: April 01, 2012 07:20PM

Peter Genna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Check out Mudhole.com. You can order a catalog
> from them also.

Funny you should mention them... I happen to be browsing their site right now... good stuff

Date: April 01, 2012 07:28PM

Mike Bradford Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Casey:
>
> I would sit down and write some notes on What kind
> of fishing you will be doing with this rod, what
> line weights, lure weights, length of rod price
> range, etc. Once you have the notes, pick up the
> phone and call one of the suppliers on the left.
> These guys and gal's are very knowledgable, and
> they will walk you through your order, and make a
> lot of suggestions about what you need, and what
> you don't need. The time spent on the phone will
> be well worth it. I would also ask them to send
> you a print catalog. Believe it or not, these
> things are a treasuretrove of information that is
> not on their online catalogs.

That is what I will most likely do however I was trying to find something online that would answer a majority of my questions. Mudhole seems to be a good source...

This build is kinda off the cuff. I picked up a couple rods at the local flea market that I am going to rework. So I already have to blank etc, I just have to decide the astetics etc

Date: April 01, 2012 07:43PM

on another note who sells the carbon fiber handle material.. I dont want to pre made tubes im looking for the cloth material and foam cores

thanks

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 01, 2012 08:17PM

Solar Composites.

Mickel's Custom Rods may still offer foam cores, or you can buy the liquid and make your own although that may not be economically prudent unless you plan to make several dozen.

Posted by: Brandon Gay (---.vctrcmta01.vctatx.tl.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: April 01, 2012 08:30PM

I would give Kevin over at Get Bit a call. He will get you set up with everything you need. He is great to work with. I normally email my orders in instead of dealing with online ordering. I'm not sure he carries abolone or carbon skins so you may have to order those through other sources.

Posted by: kevin gross (---.static.izoom.net)
Date: April 02, 2012 07:27PM

+1 on Get Bit! Great guys to work with and great service!

Kevin Gross
Many men will spend their whole life wondering if they made a difference. Marines dont have that problem - Ronald Regan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster