I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Steve Paterson's DVD on crosswraps
Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 27, 2012 12:26PM

I finally got around to viewing Steve Paterson's DVD on cross wraps that I bought at the ICRBE. Anyone who is interested in laying out perfect cross wraps ought to get a copy of the DVD. I also bought his DVD on cord grips but have been too 'wrapped up' to check it out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Steve Paterson's DVD on crosswraps
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: March 27, 2012 05:14PM

Fantastic DVD!! I just ordered the Cord DVD

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lnse2.cht.bigpond.net.au)
Date: March 27, 2012 08:17PM

Hi Gents,
Who's got Steve's DVD for sale?
Thanks.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.lightspeed.nworla.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 27, 2012 08:49PM

Col I've got both DVD's in stock. Shoot me an email with your address and I'll get you a price on the DVD plus the shipping.

Lance

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lnse2.cht.bigpond.net.au)
Date: March 27, 2012 09:25PM

Hi Lance,
Thanks, I'll get to you shortly.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: Capt. Craig Freeman (38.127.195.---)
Date: March 28, 2012 08:51AM

Bought both at the expo. Well worth it. The details and tips in both dvd's are second to none, and have really elevated my skills on the dec wraps. Go on and buy them, you will not be disappointed.

Posted by: Bob Mankin (---.static-ip.telepacific.net)
Date: March 28, 2012 02:55PM

Glad to hear that people are getting good information from the DVDs. It was good speaking to some of you at the show. Many of you picked up cards from Steve or myself. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions on the material. Properly applied it should raise your game on both dec wraps and cord wrapping.

The cord video really just scratches the surface on different patterns that can be done. I've already approached Steve with the idea of a second addition to cover more advanced patterns and techniques.

Thanks,

Bob Mankin
M&M Custom Rods

Posted by: Ted Culin (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: March 28, 2012 04:18PM

I got both of the DVD's direct from Steve. I've tried a few cross wraps before I got his DVD's and always ran into the wraps not fitting - now I know why. As I started watching the DVD's I wrote down questions and noticed at the end all the one's I wrote down were answered in the DVD. I've always been amazed by his cross wrap work. I have the cord DVD also but between work and Springer season not much else is getting done, but the cord wraps Steve does are a totally different dimension compared to tarred seiners twine I need to have the wind blow me off the river so I can get busy working with the new knowledge.

Thank you whoever you are

WWW.WeSeekHerRods.com

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 30, 2012 11:04AM

Bob Mankin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Glad to hear that people are getting good
> information from the DVDs. It was good speaking to
> some of you at the show. Many of you picked up
> cards from Steve or myself. Don't hesitate to
> reach out if you have questions on the material.
> Properly applied it should raise your game on both
> dec wraps and cord wrapping.
>
> The cord video really just scratches the surface
> on different patterns that can be done. I've
> already approached Steve with the idea of a second
> addition to cover more advanced patterns and
> techniques.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob Mankin
> M&M Custom Rods

I already want the follow-on DVD on cord wraps!

Posted by: Steven Paterson (---.eugn.qwest.net)
Date: March 30, 2012 12:54PM

Thanks again to all that bought the dvd's and for the support at the show.

This was definately a learning experience. I really didn't think it was going to be that hard. We have had a lot of positive feedback from people who have watched them. And again as Bob said, feel free to contact either of us if you have any questions.

And yes, as Bob mentioned we are talking about doing second editions to both dvd's.

Thanks again,

Steven Paterson

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: March 30, 2012 09:41PM

Put me down for #2

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster