I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

How to Build a new KR CONCEPT Rod
Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: March 16, 2012 11:33AM

I just published a blog that details our build method for the new KR CONCEPT rod. We have been working with Fuji's input and concept (and building rods) since last July when we first saw these guides and we feel we've nailed down the concept as they intended it to be presented. Now that the KL-H and KB guides are getting out to our customers, we wanted to make sure you all have the info needed to build one of these amazing rods. The blog is at our website, left sidebar at the bottom...or click here [anglersresource.net]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to Build a new KR CONCEPT Rod
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: March 16, 2012 01:10PM

Jim, since you are located in Alabama I propose that you "revise and extend your remarks" related to the KB guides.

To be politically correct, in the State you reside, a clarification may prove to be high beneficial to those who use casting rods. Bassin guys with a Large Red A on their shirts and bumpers can get quite indignant if they are left out

The new guides are NOT LIMITED to use on spinning rods.

Many of the first shipment of the BKBAG 4.0 Micro Guides have ended up from butt to tip on casting power rods used by bass and inshore anglers.. Some of them are amazing as well!

Samples of the "first prototype" KB guides were used on the Swampland T 1 rods demonstrated by Darin Dohi at the High Point Launch Complex. Contact Swampland for specific build data for the T 1 rod to throw lure weights to 8 ounces.

Swampland has the T 1 Blank and the BKBAG 4.0 in stock ready to ship - Use the Contact Us Link or to place your order.

[www.swamplandtackle.com].

Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: March 16, 2012 02:23PM

TRUE Mr. Bill! I was simply regurgitating Fuji info to the best of our ability but you are exactly right. The KB would be my choice all the way on a heavier casting rod with 4 or 4.5 runners.

Posted by: Bill Tune (---.hsd1.tn.comcast.net)
Date: March 16, 2012 02:48PM

Thanks Jim! I have been waiting to order these since the show and have two blanks ready to go (well almost the grips are backordered). Both are St. Croix ML bass blanks and I am assuming a 20, 12, 5 progression would be a good start but I will drop the measuremants in GPS and see One question, if I am not sure which reel will be used would you measure both and take the average (it will be a Dawia 2500, or Shimano 2500 or similar reel)?

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 16, 2012 10:28PM

Jim, Thanks to Versitex, I just recieved a shipment today to be used on a St. Croix thats in for reguiding and a few of my personal builds.

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Posted by: Clyde Thomas (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 18, 2012 10:35AM

Do any of our sponsors on the left have these KL-H guides in stock?

Clyde

Posted by: Clyde Thomas (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 18, 2012 10:35AM

Do any of our sponsors on the left have these KL-H guides in stock?

Clyde

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster