I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Anglers Resource
Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.dsl.mhtc.net)
Date: March 05, 2012 12:53PM

I just received an e/mail from Anglers Resource via their newsletter that was a very interesting read about setting up spinning rods with micros (4, 5 & 5.5) [anglersresource.net] . I'm sure that not every one will agree with the concept, but you should give it a chance before you condemn it. I've been using this concept (using M style) for a couple of years and have had great luck with it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2012 03:01PM by Mark Blabaum.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anglers Resource
Posted by: Dave Wylie (---.lightspeed.rlghnc.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 05, 2012 02:41PM

The same email had a link to Fuji's new KR CONCEPT for placing guides on a spinning rod. Anyone have comments on this and/or have you used this method yet? Thanks

Posted by: matthew jacobs (---.122.31.71.static.ip.windstream.net)
Date: March 05, 2012 04:16PM

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me, even makes sense.

Posted by: Eric MONTACLAIR (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: March 05, 2012 04:26PM

I build some rods with M frame (MINIMA 4) 16/8/5 then Fly 3 to top.
Very nice builds.

Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lnse2.cht.bigpond.net.au)
Date: March 05, 2012 05:43PM

Hi Mark,
Sounds very reasonable especially on builds with a large spool or shorter rod where the 27X method doesn't work out.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Posted by: John Martines (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 05, 2012 06:19PM

Why Custom builders would have an issue with this is beyond me! Choke the line down asap and lighten the tip and or whole rod! We builders shouldn't have a issue.. the fisherman are the ones we need to convince!! The KR looks very promising even on longer type rods!

Posted by: Bruce Vetre (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 06, 2012 09:16AM

I agree with John, the fisherman are always the ones who need convincing. This will work good. Like you other guys, I've used the "M"s down to the fly guides, and it's worked well

Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: March 06, 2012 09:23AM

Glad to see the "The GUIDE" stimulating some conversation. We send one "almost" every month ;-) so if you want to subscribe you don't have to worry about a constant barrage of pointless, uninteresting mail in your box. We won't send one if we don't have something to say. There is a subscription button on the website [anglersresource.net] left sidebar at the bottom. There is also a new blog there where we can really get down to the nitty gritty and discuss tips and topics that don't make "headline" status. The RSS feed subscription will alert you every time we make an entry (which, again, is not too often).

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 06, 2012 10:47AM

I take it the guides are measured from the blank to Where on the ring Bottom inside, top inside or top of the frame ??

Thanks

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: March 06, 2012 10:49AM

Top of the frame as in the NGC.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster