I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Is A-Rig outlawed in FL?
Posted by: Ken Finch (---.onlinehome-server.info)
Date: March 02, 2012 08:58PM

I know that many states are either posed to or have outlawed the Alabama rig. I'm in FL and have customers asking me about rods. I don't want to get in the middle of anything and cannot find anything in the state G&F law that shows it being outlawed by the state of FL. Does anyone have any further up to date information on the A-rig in FL? Just a link to where I should look would be appreciated. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is A-Rig outlawed in FL?
Posted by: Jim Gamble (24.26.8.---)
Date: March 02, 2012 09:24PM

The Alabama rig is NOT illegal in the State of Florida. The only rule we have regarding tackle ... "All game fish must be taken with a pole and line OR rod and reel". We have no limit on the number of poles/rods that an angler can possess either. There are no rules as to artificial lures. We do have a few rules as to live and cut bait, mostly to preserve other game species (bluegill, etc) or to protect against invasive species (goldfish, etc.).

The Alabama rig did see limited use in the FLW tournament on Lake Okeechobee last month.

IMO, the A-rig is just another tool ... no different than SONAR, GPS mapping, lure attractant, etc.

Posted by: Ken Finch (---.)
Date: March 02, 2012 09:51PM

And a net is also just a tool, but I don't want to get caught using one that way! Seriously, I just wanted to make sure. I was hearing stories that I couldn't verify. Thanks for the info.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2012 10:00PM

And you should stop using bird shot in your 12 gauge also.
No way it's sporting to hit a bird with more then one piece of shot at a time. Let alone 75.
Same with squires, rabbits and deer

Posted by: matthew jacobs (---.90.18.98.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: March 02, 2012 10:38PM

You'd probably be better off asking the FWC than a rod building forum. They're answer will be right.
As far as I know, it's perfectly legal in Florida.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (24.26.8.---)
Date: March 02, 2012 11:38PM

Here Matt ... [myfwc.com]

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: March 03, 2012 08:46AM

The official statement from Bass pertaining to the use of the Alabama Rig or other multiple hook "rigs" is contained in the following link.

[www.wired2fish.com]

Please read this carefully - Opens, FLW and Collegiate Legal

Competitive bass fishermen will not take the chance of entering events unless properly equipped.

States where events are held reserve the right to define the number of active hooks and number of lures.

Contact Swampland today for build details on the T-1 blanks which are now available. [www.swamplandtackle.com]

Posted by: randy stainer (---.ks.ks.cox.net)
Date: March 03, 2012 01:51PM

On a fishing forum I frequent the A Rig issue has hit 285 posts and is still going strong. Arkansas permits it. Missouri allows it but 2 of the 5 baits must be hookless. The tourney circuit people - as opposed to the Fish and Game departments - are deciding yea or nay on an individual basis.

Personally, I think we need to ban them as they cause global warming.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster