I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Expo Numbers
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 02, 2012 01:46PM

The Expo receives a small stipend (booking incentive) from the City of High Point (most all cities do this for any sizable events). The amount is based on the economic activity which they determine is created within the city by the event. But you can't just pull numbers out of the air - they have to be verified by the City. They don't just hand out money based on the event organizer's word.

To that end, there were 3004 persons in attendance and 756 hotel rooms sold, verified for the 2012 International Custom Rod Building Exposition. I am informed that the Expo will be receiving the full booking incentive.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Expo Numbers
Posted by: Lou Auret (204.16.161.---)
Date: March 02, 2012 02:08PM

Congratulations Tom.
Given the current economy, that is a great testament to what rod builders feel about the EXPO.
Also a sign of the times:I spent 3 times more this year but in cash rather than credit card.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 02, 2012 02:33PM

YOu lost a few rooms wiht some of us (me) sleeping in the hotel lobby! lol.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 02, 2012 02:35PM

We don't count any of the exhibitors.

Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2012 05:43PM

That is great. This was my wife's first time there and she was very impressed. I think she understands a little better why I do this, not completely, but the Expo helped a lot.

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Posted by: John Samuels (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: March 02, 2012 10:19PM

Wonderful news...congratulations again Tom...Lou, I spent three times more this year also, but had three times more fun...not too many places this side of Vegas you can say that about.

Posted by: kevin knox (---.baybroadband.net)
Date: March 03, 2012 07:28AM

Billy Vivona Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> YOu lost a few rooms wiht some of us (me) sleeping
> in the hotel lobby! lol.

I heard the homeless numbers were up 10% that weekend. Strangly, they were mostly Giants/ Jets/ Pats/ and yankees fans. Hmmmmmmm.

Kevin Knox
ANGLER'S ENVY CUSTOM RODS
QUEEN ANNE, MD 21657
#_#_#_#_#
www.anglersenvy.com

Posted by: chip burdick (---.sub-174-252-60.myvzw.com)
Date: March 04, 2012 02:53PM

That number will go up by 2 next year. I will tell my gf its a romantic getaway. She will find out how much o love building lol. Congrats Tom.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster