I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

THANK YOU!!!! Seeker Rods,,USA
Posted by: Denny Kaneoka (---.lightspeed.irvnca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 28, 2012 11:50AM

To Tom Kirkman,,,Thank You for another "Great Show"...I always enjoy being at your show,,even if it's in High Point, North Carolina,,it is worth the travel to there. Why? Great people, Great Vendors, Great atmosphere, Great Fun and Learning (never too old for that)......I always return home with more knowledge of rodbuilding each trip there. I and Seeker Rods want to "THANK" each and evryone who visited our booth and I really enjoyed talking to you......And,,,to all who purchased our blanks, please emil me pictures of your work with the fishished rod with your catch.....If any of you have any questions,,,Please do email me and I will try to answer any questions regarding our product line of rods. Or, call me 310-9517670 (cell)......Regards,,,,,,Denny Kaneoka

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: THANK YOU!!!! Seeker Rods,,USA
Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 28, 2012 12:30PM

Denny,
as always it was great seeing you there also.

Todd

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 28, 2012 12:31PM

I was informed, several times, that Denny is only sent so that Seeker has someone to keep Jim under observation all weekend.

Posted by: Jim Upton (---.lsanca.btas.verizon.net)
Date: February 28, 2012 01:52PM

I will join Denny in saying THANK YOU to all, and just add to keep the record straight, Seeker sends me to keep Denny from running totally AMUK. I know that's not the way he tells the story, but that's my story and I'm syticking to it.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 28, 2012 02:50PM

I hope both of you enjoyed the tour of my "tool shed" or whatever it's called.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 28, 2012 04:08PM

Jim;
I don't know about that .
Stopped by the both several times talking with Denny and Darren both, and at no time were you anywhere to be found.
I

Posted by: Jim Upton (---.lsanca.btas.verizon.net)
Date: February 28, 2012 06:16PM

Steve, you're not helping my cause but my story is I was giving seminars when you were there. Tom, I'm truly envious. Not only for the space but all of the toys inside.

Date: February 28, 2012 08:44PM

Tom....I would not call that a tool shed....A personal "Work Shop" for product development and research, is more like it to me,,,,I only wish I lived nearby and would probably be your security guard, "goffer" or whatever to be able to be a part of it...Amazing and way too cool a place to hang out and tinker with any crazy ideas that come to mind........Thanks for the tour.....I am soooo jealous and envious,,,,,,Denny

Posted by: Chris Richer (205.250.91.---)
Date: February 28, 2012 09:08PM

I can confirm that Jim was teaching at the time as my wife and I were in the seminars :)

Chris Richer
Iroquois ON

Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.mycingular.net)
Date: February 28, 2012 09:24PM

I have a problem with Denny and want to make it clear to him to never speak to my wife again. While at dinner Saturday night he told her stories about Alaska and Hawaii and now she says that we have to go there on vacations real soon. So I hope you're happy to know that I'll be bankrupt real soon.

It was great spending some time with Denny, Darin and Jim and hope you guys can come down to Louisiana for a visit sometime.

Posted by: Mike Thompson (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: February 28, 2012 11:29PM

Great to see you again Denny...its great to see someone with the knowledge you have in the Seeker lineup...it truly shows that you fish these products!

Posted by: Mike Thompson (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: February 28, 2012 11:30PM

Take it easy on those little green Bass fish also!

Posted by: Dan Makauskas (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: February 28, 2012 11:48PM

It was great to see Jim and Denny again and a pleasure to meet Darin. I had a bunch of laughs at the booth and l'm already planning my first Seeker build, now if I can just cast like Darin.

Dan

Date: February 29, 2012 12:50AM

Hey you guys know I love to be a part of any fishing show, especially for Seeker....this a great opportunity for me to make new friends and share our love for the sport. I just hope I never lose the "passion" for fishing. I really do look forward to seeing all you really good folks every year at High Point..........and thank you for the "kind" words.....Mahalo.....Denny

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: February 29, 2012 02:07PM

Hello Denny & Jim.

Was a pleasure to see you guy's again this year & looking forward to next year again already.

Yes Denny I will do my best to take a picture or two this year.

Jim I think I will try another dragon sometime this year.

Thanks for your help, knowlage, & freindship.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Date: February 29, 2012 02:55PM

Bob...The pleasure was all ours....I did enjoy talking with you and thank you for supporting Seeker......Don't forget my pictures.....Aloha,,,,Denny

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: February 29, 2012 05:48PM

Denny there was a problem with your act at the dinner table that went unnoticed by some - based upon your vivid and poetic descriptions - the two ladies at the table were ready to follow you into the sunset to see the white sands and blue waters of your Pacific Paradise - UNTIL - they witnessed you consume the uncooked cow on your plate!

Date: February 29, 2012 10:42PM

Bill,,,I had a hard time eating that"rare" prime rib....a little too red for me but I was hungry and didn't want to complain to the waitress. But having "good company and good food "is a treat for me, enjoyed every minute. . Thanks,,Bill......Aloha,,,,Denny

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster