I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Safe trip everyone
Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 23, 2012 06:25PM

Final packing in progress. Heading down I-95 around 9:30 AM hoping to miss the Washington beltway bash & Richmond ramble. Wishing everyone a safe and enjoyable trip.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Safe trip everyone
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 23, 2012 06:26PM

Same to you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: February 23, 2012 07:24PM

Ken, hope you make it in time for the reception. I am coming from Ohio and it takes me about 6 1/2 hours.

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Posted by: John Martines (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: February 23, 2012 07:28PM

Thanks Ken, see you there!!

Posted by: russell mazza (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 23, 2012 08:07PM

all
safe trip everyone... leaving 5:00 am ..from NY looking forward to great show ..to learn much.. fellowship with like minded people ...
ken cant wait to sit on some great seminars

Date: February 23, 2012 08:17PM

I'm sitting here trying to tell my wife how great it is and she is acting like she cares.

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 23, 2012 08:18PM

KEn, I'm heading down with 2 other NERbs at 1:30AM. At 3AM 3 othe rNERBs will be leaving from NJ, and at 5AM 10 more are coming down in 5 different cars. Everyone have a safe trip, looking forward to settingup, some Lex BBQ, a Rodmaker reception, and a lobby takeover NERBs-style

Date: February 23, 2012 08:20PM

Drive safely. If you see me I'll be in a Subaru Forester with 2 eight foot long pvc pipes on the luggage rack.

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 23, 2012 08:39PM

Got the Bar packed for the lobby HaHa . Will be cruising into HP around 1 pm in Paul Rimbeck wife`s mini van. We will be the ones beating the women back!! Cant wait to see the crew. The NERBS are with a heavy heart this show. We have to remember those we lost recently. They will be there in spirit!!

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Jeff Gross (---.sc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 23, 2012 10:03PM

I'm coming for my first Rod Expo. Tried to get my wife to come, stay in a nice inn and see HP and she says "What am I going to do? Like you'd really come if I was going to, say, a quilting expo".

Jeff

Columbia, SC

Posted by: Chris Richer (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: February 23, 2012 10:21PM

Left at 4:30 and sitting in Scranton. Leaving early in the morning for the rest of the trip.

Chris Richer
Iroquois ON

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.sfldmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 23, 2012 11:56PM

A couple of us leaving California at 7:00AM and planning on making the reception, thankfully we gain 3hours traveling East!

Ken, hope to catch up with you, owe you a beer from last year!

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.204.188.72.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: February 24, 2012 01:05PM

I'm curious. Where is the biggest volume of the [east coast] rod building business located? Where is the biggest money [profit] located? Posts referencing driving "up" or "down" I-95 got me to wondering.

Posted by: Les Stewart (---.gh.dyn.cm.comporium.net)
Date: February 24, 2012 02:25PM

Jeff Gross, your wife sounds exactly like mine! Thats OK, I will have a better expo with her at home where she can't be constantly bugging me about spending too much of MY money. I'll be passing on the reception and driving up on Saturday morning, its only about a two hour drive. See you folks Sat AM. Everybody try to be safe, we have some spring like weather in the Carolinas which means thunder storms, heavy rain showers and possible "twisters".

Posted by: David A. Fuller (---.mycingular.net)
Date: February 24, 2012 05:15PM

Ken & Lana
I just arrived at the Best Western Hotel about 3:30 p.m. . Our room view overlooks the front of the Conference center front door, cool. I can "spy" on my old friend going into the building.
Good to be back in High Point

Good Wrappin !
David A. Fuller,
Great Basin Fishing Rods
Full-Time RV'r Traveling- n- Fishing
www.mytripjournal.com/FullersBigAdventure

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster