I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Learning how to make Grip Inlays - Basics to Advanced
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 30, 2012 09:52AM

I will be doing a seminar at the ICRBE for at least 1 hour on Sunday, I will also be Q&A at The NERBs booth the entire weekend since I will have a wood lathe at the booth again.

This Saturday in my shop (Staten Island, NY) I will be doing an 8 hour seminar on making grip inlays. 8 jam packed hours of how to make grip inlays: basic trim rings, ellipticals, checkerboards, random abstracts, images, boring, shaping, sanding, installing.
I will make several grips so you can see the process from beginning to end, so be prepared to huff contact cement for 8 hours.
I will be selling cork & foam at a significant discount to all those that attend, so come prepared to stock up.

If you would like to attend e-mail me at xlrods@yahoo.com

Here is a link to the grips I've made over the years: [northeastrodbuilders.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2012 09:57AM by Billy Vivona.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Learning how to make Grip Inlays - Basics to Advanced
Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.skylan.net)
Date: January 30, 2012 01:29PM

What a great opportunity. I wish I could make it.

Second best, I will see you in High Point.

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: David Aiello (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 30, 2012 04:51PM

Billy you have to do one of those classes in MA. A little closer. I would to see how you do them. Thanks . Again great job on all your work . Big fan of your custom work.

Thanks,
Dave
Semper Fi

Posted by: Scott Backholm (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 30, 2012 06:42PM

Agreed! Come to Mass!!!

"My biggest fear in life is that when I die, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."

Posted by: Herman Knott (---.gci.net)
Date: January 31, 2012 05:03AM

billy if you came to anchorage alaska you show me how to do the grips and i will show you how to get a halibut :0)
see you in NC for th show
Herman

Posted by: Herman Knott (---.gci.net)
Date: January 31, 2012 05:03AM

billy if you came to anchorage alaska you show me how to do the grips and i will show you how to get a halibut :0)
see you in NC for th show
Herman

Posted by: Jim Scott (---.tampfl.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: January 31, 2012 07:46AM

Billy,
All of those invites sound great but they all are above the freeze line. You should do a gathering in Southwest Florida, (Boca Grande) and i can show you daily high temp today of 78 Degrees. Y'all wrap up tight and keep warm.

J Scott

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 31, 2012 08:17AM

There is a gathering on Feb 11th up in Massachusettes, Dave is signed up already so Scott your wish is a reality. Going to do gatherings in other locations is something that I have been considering, if you can coordinate it and get enough people to show it would be $1000 + airfare, food, hotel for me to show up. I do business with a guy who does croquet mallet building and this is what he charges when he does seminars all over teh country (he's from Canada). We spent about an hour discuessing this one day, I ws shocked to hear how much money he charged, but when I thnk about it why bother doing it if it's not worth your time financially?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster