I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Exposed Blank Trigger Reel Seat
Posted by: Clyde Thomas (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 25, 2012 06:11PM

Is anyone aware of a size 18 graphite exposed blank casting seat on the market? I've searched thru the sponsors on the left, haven't found one yet. Maybe have to go with a size 17?

thanks,
Clyde

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Exposed Blank Trigger Reel Seat
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: January 25, 2012 07:44PM

Clyde Services and Seats are availalbe in size 17, 18 and 20 from Swampland.

Click on: [www.rodbuilding.org]

Use Contact Us Link at: [www.swamplandtackle.com]

Request Worksheet For RF Legacy Elite 731

Date: January 26, 2012 07:03AM

Chuck Mills Thank You For The Midnight Special Delivery Message About Posting The Wrong Link.

Will check them next time:

I am extremely glad to know that your "skin condition" did not deter you from keeping the old and infirm on the straight and narrow!

The correct link is now posted on this thread.

[www.rodbuilding.org]

The seats are in use on many new cranking rods - The Elites prefer the exposed on large diameter S Glass for everthing but long throw Deep Divers and the T1 Blanks for throwing the heavy THANGS!

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.grenergy.com)
Date: January 26, 2012 10:11AM

You're welcome Sir. FYI - the Cajun Gourmet Hot Sauce has been working great on my hands to control the dryness. However, when I rub my eyes at night they burn. Do you have anything for that?

Clyde - on the serious side, I think I used a 17 on my Seeker glass cranker but had to ream it a bit. Had I split it as in Bill's pic it would have been an easier ream.
You might be able to ream out a 17mm exposed to fit your application.

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2012 10:14AM by Chuck Mills.

Date: January 26, 2012 02:26PM

Suggestion - I do a lot of these using form 17s to 20s.

If the blank is tapered like the larger diameter glass -

Make up your mind on the seat before you start if you want a split. If you ream it first and then cut it the front end will probable too large for the proper fit.

When you make the original cuts on the seat the back end will normally slide down another inch or more than it did before cutting.

If using glass blank leave a flat on the front thread piece for reel stability if you are required to split the seat.

Worksheet and Instructions are written for all the RF Legend Elite Blanks for all seat requriements. Email and ask for a copy.

On glass blanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster