I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

acid guides on Seeker hercules GTS 60 XH blanks
Posted by: italo busi (---.25-151.libero.it)
Date: January 23, 2012 02:08AM

Hello, ciao to all,
I have to build 4 rods, using BSTUG Forecast guides. I will mount it on spiral mode. The question is if sameone has already built it and could give to me same tips regarding spaicing and how to spiral the guide and how many guides I have to use on this blank, having about 120 cm of free blank from grip to top .
Thank you in advance.
Ciao Italo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: acid guides on Seeker hercules GTS 60 XH blanks
Posted by: Timothy Johnson (129.133.178.---)
Date: January 23, 2012 03:59AM

I would use a 20 or 25mm stripper, depending on your reel size and how much drag you will use. You want to have some clearance and keep the line off the blank and foregrip. From there, I usually use size 12's for the transition guides and running guides. I did one of these last spring as a spiral and used 2 transition guides, and the first 180 degree guide was offset slightly and then 4 guides on the bottom, plus tip top. Stripper was a 20mm Fuji HBSG and I use a Makaira 15 on it, which is a fairly low reel and not a trolling reel. If you are using a lighter line (or thinner braid) or won't be passing knots, you may be able to drop down to size 10 running guides. IIRC, I had a 14" rear grip, aluminum gimbal and 8-10" foregrip and an aluminum 20mm reel seat on my build. I could have probably gotten away with 3 guides on the bottom after the transition guides, but I didn't want to take any chances.

Posted by: Gabe Nakash (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 23, 2012 03:35PM

Wait for billy vivona to comment on this. He designed the blanks, and he knows more about the spacing then most people.

Posted by: italo busi (---.240-95-b.business.telecomitalia.it)
Date: January 26, 2012 12:47PM

Thank's to all.
Ciao Italo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster