I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Learning to build rods - excellent opportunity
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 02, 2012 11:39AM

In addition to The NERBs Gatherings I have scheduled for the next 6 weeks, I will be conducting 1 on 1 build "classes" for anyone wanting to learn the craft. Whether you never built a rod, or you want to learn Decorative Wraps - or anything in between > the learning curve will be drastically reduced in a 1 on 1 setting.

NERBs Gatherings are scheduled for the next 6 weeks with 8 events in the North East. For more info: [northeastrodbuilders.com]
January 7 Staten Island - Open to all skill levels
January 14 Staten Island - novice/beginner (feaured topics: SnakeSkin, Marbling & Abalone)
January 15 Staten Island - advanced (feaured topics: SnakeSkin, Marbling & Abalone)

January 16 (MLK Day) Staten Island - never built a rod (will be a class format where I build a rod and explain every step in detail)
January 28 Tabernacle, NJ - Open to all skill levels

February 4 Staten Island - Grip Gathering (will spend the entire day discussing grip inlays)
February 5 Staten Island - novice/beginner
February 11 Leominster, Mass

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2012 11:40AM by Billy Vivona.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Learning to build rods - excellent opportunity
Posted by: Harry Kelly (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 02, 2012 07:54PM

Anyone interested or thinking of building a rod should not miss one of these gatherings...The info and hands on stuff from Billy is overwhelming ( your brain will hurt by end of day )....Plus the info and tricks from other nerbs that show up...Know matter what skill level you are at, their is always something to learn their......

Date: January 03, 2012 09:42AM

Thanks Harry. I have a blast at the gatherings, they are so much fun. It's great to see guys come to several gatherings and watch their skill level skyrocket in a VERY short period of time. Rather then learn from trial end error (mostly error), we show you the right way with shortcuts, stuff that took years to figure out you learn right off the bat from Day 1, thus the learning curve is reduced dramatically.

Plus, what else is there to do in teh winter? lol.

Posted by: Barry Seifert (---.229.238.93.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: January 03, 2012 09:25PM

We need something like that here in Pa.

Date: January 03, 2012 10:06PM

Where in PA? I have guys come to gatheirngs in Staten Island from Eastern PA, NJ, LY, upstate NY, CT, Cape Cod, Deleware and MAryland. Even had Ed H from Atlanta and Kirk Miller from Alaska.

Posted by: Andrew Cake (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 04, 2012 08:00AM

If you make it to North Carolina sometime, definately post. I really would love to attend!

Date: January 04, 2012 08:53AM

There was an NC Gathering that Chuck Payne did last year and the year before. I haven't spoken to him in a while, but I hope he's going to do another one. Other than that, the ICRBE is the place to be. I'm doing a grip seminar on Sunday, I plan on having a lathe at The NERBs booth, as well as another lathe that we wil be doing round the clock Dec WRaps. In addition, Morris S. will be there and is an a tremendous wealth of knowledge when it comes to turning. He's a GREAT guy and an awesome instructor, it takes a great gift and a lot of passion to be able to share you knowledge with hundreds and thousands of people on a weekend > TAKE ADVANTAGE!!!

Side bar > I see Woodcraft will be at the show, might be a great time to pick up a lathe if anyone is i the market for one.

Posted by: Andrew Cake (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 04, 2012 09:02AM

Well if you hear something, definately post. I really want to go!

Posted by: Barry Seifert (---.229.238.93.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: January 04, 2012 07:35PM

I live in Bethlehem ,Pa near Allentown.I don,t know of anything like this since Dale Clemens shop closed. Would love to go to this.I'm new at this and need all the help i can get.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2012 07:46PM by Barry Seifert.

Date: January 04, 2012 10:12PM

Barry, teh 28th in NJ we are doing one in Tabernacle which isn't too far from the PA Border. If you would like to come to the SI Gathering this weekend let me know, there's still space. One of the NERBs is coming from north of Allentown, so it's well within driving distance. E-mail me and let me know

Posted by: Don Ahart (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 04, 2012 11:18PM

I would be interested in attending the NJ event on the 28th can get more info?

Date: January 05, 2012 01:21AM

Don, email me, or click the link in my signature in this post. Tabernacle NJ

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster