I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Fuji SK2
Posted by: Don Morse (---.dsl.sfldmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 13, 2011 07:38AM

I am very interested in the Fuji SK2 system for a near future build. Has anyone here used it? How do you like it? Any tips? Also if you have any good pics of your finished product I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fuji SK2
Posted by: lorenzo tellez (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: November 13, 2011 10:14AM

I built 5 rods with these SK2's, I really like them, the only thing is that the handle part the one that goes on the butt grip, if you know what part I am talking about, well, I cannot find a butt grip that fits that part , cause it is always smaller then the butt grip, and I have to sand the eva down to fit the handle part of the SK2, I hope you can get what part I am talking about, I am still not that sharp on all this rod talk, lol! but after it is all done they look great, and they seem really light compared all the other ones I have built with. Tight Lines!

Posted by: Bruce Vetre (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 14, 2011 08:51AM

AMTAK's FG3A EVA grip matches up to the SK2 Trigger

Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: November 14, 2011 09:40AM

Anglers Resource now has cork and EVA for the SK2, The first order just arrived so the parts should be getting to dealers within a month or less.

Posted by: Joe Johnson (---.static.orml010.digis.net)
Date: November 14, 2011 12:16PM

I've built 2 dropshot rods on these seats and they are really comfortable for a spinning reel. I've turned some cork down to the diameter of the seat and it turned out great.

I'm in the process of my first casting rod set up.

Great seats.

Joe

Posted by: Fred Trahan (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: November 14, 2011 12:53PM

"I've turned some cork down to the diameter of the seat and it turned out great. "

+1

I've used the casting SK2's and like working with them, gives you another area to wrap or add a little touch to it like a decal or something.

Posted by: Eric MONTACLAIR (---.credit-agricole.fr)
Date: November 16, 2011 09:16AM

The Fuji Spinning SKSS16 (SKSS/ASH + SKSS/B) weight 17gr so the weight saving is only visual (a Fuji IPS16 with nut weight 16gr).
It seems more confortable than the Pacific Bay Minima reel seat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster