I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

South Florida Builders?
Posted by: Nick Brunetti (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: November 07, 2011 10:03AM

Are there any South Florida rod builders out there that want to get together - meet, fish, build, exchange ideas?
I'm in Southern Palm Beach County. I've been building for a little over 13 years. I know of a few builders in the area but I'm trying to see if there are others around that may be on this forum.

Thanks,
Nick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: South Florida Builders?
Posted by: Rufus Rhoden (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: November 07, 2011 12:27PM

I'm in St. Lucie County, I'd love to meet with other builders. Just have to find some time. Lately I havent even had time to fish.

Rufus
Port Saint Lucie, FL

Posted by: David Teague (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: November 07, 2011 11:23PM

I'm in Fort Myers

Dave

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 08, 2011 02:42PM

Nick,
I know of one builder in the Ft. Lauderdale area that tried to start a club in that area a couple of years ago but just didn't have the time to devote. If you email me I can put you in touch with him.

Todd
todd@mudhole.com

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: Russell Brunt (---.mercymiami.org)
Date: November 08, 2011 03:02PM

It helped when I added my location to my tag line. I have hooked up (in person) with two guys from the forum and have spoken with another on the phone.

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Posted by: Gary Snyder (12.77.249.---)
Date: November 08, 2011 04:50PM

Please add me to the list or feel free to contact me anytime, I am in Ft. Lauderdale... you can reach me through my site, SnyderRods.com/Rods

Posted by: Rufus Rhoden (---.141.113.178.nw.nuvox.net)
Date: November 08, 2011 08:33PM

Wow, I didnt realize there were this many forum members this close. Nice.

Rufus
Port Saint Lucie, FL

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: November 08, 2011 08:42PM

I have over 1,000 subscribers in Florida alone - no doubt there's ten times that many more rod builders there. Flying the International Custom Rod Builders Symbol decal is one way to perhaps run across those with similar interests.

Posted by: Rufus Rhoden (---.141.113.178.nw.nuvox.net)
Date: November 08, 2011 09:32PM

No doubt there is a large market for rods here, I personally know quite a few rod builders close to me but none that are subscribers. I guess I need to get out more. BTW, thank you Tom and everyone else who has a hand in it for this great site and the fabulous magazine. It really is incredible in this craft how willing so many are to share information.

Rufus
Port Saint Lucie, FL

Posted by: Nick Brunetti (---.lightspeed.wepbfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 09, 2011 01:14PM

Thanks for the responses guys. I should have added my contact info on my original post but I'll tack it on here. I'm trying to put together a rod building/fishing club - trading ideas, techniques, contacts, fishing tournaments, etc. If any of you have any interest in joining drop me a line. If you're not close to the South Palm Beach county area, don;t fret. I see no reason why we can't have meetings/get togethers in a location that works for the majority.

Thanks,
Nick

poseidonrods@aol.com

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: November 09, 2011 07:58PM

Russ,

You are absoluetly right, I added my home town as my signature and a couple of builders contacted me. Now eight of us meet monthly to eat breakfast and talk rods.

Another great way is to look in this sites directory.

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: Maury Schiowitz (---.lightspeed.wepbfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 02, 2011 04:56AM

I am new to rod building and I live in West Palm Beach......please call me if you want to talk rod building.....Maury 561-932-8537

Posted by: David Springett (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: April 10, 2017 02:39PM

Did anything ever come of this effort?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster