I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Ohio Rod Builders Gathering
Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2011 08:42AM

Wow, I feel we had an icredible day! New builders, Old builders, new builders with old faces. lol. We all had a great time.

On my part, How fun it is to watch friendships form. At the first gathering people really did not know one another, yesterday they treated each other as if they were old friends. That was cool. We even have the possiblilty of having 2 -3 new members of the ORBS monthly breakfast group.

I think we had 21 builders and that is incredible for the second gathering.

Our food was great, It was catered by Old Carolina Barbeque. They thew in two extra racks of ribs to make sure there would be enough.

After our SNAFU a few weeks ago The Ramada in was an excellent setting for this. I would like to hear how many spent at least one night.

The list of sponsors were good to us. I would like to start my thank-yous with Tom Kiirkman and RodMaker Magazine. You printed a great article for us and the box of goodies worked out well The only thing I had left was a few stickers and one current issue of the magazine. Which ws good because mine came through the mail all dog earred.
Next we had Batsons`, North Fork Composites, Mud Hole, Swampland, Get Bit Out Doors, Angler`s Envy( Kevin, 1/2 hour before we passed the door prizes some one said they would really like to try that new Abalone. Well, he one a sheet) Donjer products and Hydra - Fishing LLC and Elite Rods were there with live and in person representatives. Also some of the Ohio rod builders donated several nice items.

Mike Barkely came in from Michigan after traveling to the Chicago gathering the week before. I keep saying how important these gatherings are and I believe Mike just proved that. This area of the country is starving for stuff like this.

Bill

Thanks

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2011 04:28AM by Bill Eshelman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ohio Rod Builders Gathering
Posted by: scott stevens (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2011 01:44PM

Great job putting it together Bill! I sure was disappointed I had to leave early, sometimes working for yourself gets in the way of the important things! I really wanted to see the static test demo. Maybe next year. Thanks to Bill and all the sponsors, Scott

Posted by: Joe Azar (---.sub-174-252-211.myvzw.com)
Date: November 06, 2011 02:17PM

It really was a great time of fellowship. I don't think anyone left without learning something new. Whether a new technique, or just a different/more creative way of doing something.
At our next gathering, I hope Bill will teach on how he built a number of $100,000 rods then told his boss to "Take this job and shove it".
Thanks Bill, you always impress me.

Always learning with
Ohio Rod Builders

Joe Azar

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: November 06, 2011 03:36PM

It was GREAT!! What a great group of guys!!!!! Bill and his crew did a great job! Once again, I recommend to everyone that has a chance attend any gatherings that they can. Not only can you learn, you can share, make new friends and develop a network of contacts!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Roger Templon (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 06, 2011 08:05PM

Bill

I hope that the ORB's continue having regular "gatherings"! One of these times you will have a participant from central PA join in, when I can get my schedule to match yours.

Rog

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 06, 2011 09:08PM

Spounds like another AWESOME day. Great job Bill putting this together, it's great to see it growing and blossoming. Keep it up!!

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: November 07, 2011 07:20PM

Thanks Guys,

The second one was easier than the first and I enjoyed it much more also. This could not be possible for me if it wasn`t for each of you and all of the sponsors. You guys make it all worth while. How nice it was to have not just the sponsors but to have live reps.

When would you like to have another one? I had someone say in the spring and another summer. Just let me know.

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: November 07, 2011 08:39PM

I really enjoyed it and I won the Abalone! I can't wait to put it on. It just so happened that the rod I was working on at the gathering has almost the same color thread as the Abalone I won. It should look really good along with the catfish weave. Thanks to everyone.

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster