I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

rod builder wanted
Posted by: Sam Moore (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: October 25, 2011 11:18AM

I recently posted a topic about Lamiglas blanks...I'm leaning towards the IMP 844 or the XMG LP 844 because it came up several times in my last post by builders as a quality blank. The LP blank retails for $98 my prices before builder discount. Unfortunately I don't have a local builder near me.

If I do this build it would be casting configuration with a standard fuji ECS (blank thru) reel seat, full cork rear grip (approx 9" of cork from back of ECS seat or 10" from trigger to back of butt), and fuji black stainless steel alconite guides (9 guides + tip), no foregrip. No frills black or dark brown guide wraps, and whatever decal it comes with in front of the cork applied and covered or if no decal comes with blank just blank type lin and lure ratings written on the blank with marker.

I would like to do the build for under $300 dollars...is there anyone who would be interested or know someone who is? Looking for a simple but high quality build. I'm going to just purchase a mainline production Lamiglas rod if this can't be done for this price. I had a local builder do a build for me and it was pretty rough to say the least...I also had a well known builder do a build for me last year and it was exceptional but unfortunately I can't afford him but I know he frequents the board a lot so I will add that it was an exceptional build.

Any takers?

Thanks guys.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: rod builder wanted
Posted by: matthew jacobs (---.122.31.71.static.ip.windstream.net)
Date: October 25, 2011 11:45AM

Unhide your e-mail and you might get more replies.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.26-24.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: October 25, 2011 11:47AM

Alex Dziengielewski does GREAT builds. When my time was booked late last year, he built a bass rod for one of my B.A.S.S. tournament pros to carry to the National Championships and he was very pleased with the performance. His builds are clean, crisp and well designed. He is actually a competing angler himself. You can search for him here on the board and contact him via e-mail. He ships, so your location won't matter a bit.

Date: October 25, 2011 11:56AM

I didn't know my email was hidden...how do I unhide or find those settings?

My email is sam150s@hotmail.com.

Also how do I search a poster on the board and find their email?

thanks guys.

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.nmci.usmc.mil)
Date: October 25, 2011 12:06PM

I have seen some of Alex's work at the show last year and it would not dissapoint even the most critical of customers!!

Tom Kaufmann

Date: October 25, 2011 12:10PM

Thomas Kaufmann Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have seen some of Alex's work at the show last
> year and it would not dissapoint even the most
> critical of customers!!
>
> Tom Kaufmann

How do I contact Alex?

Thanks.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: October 25, 2011 12:45PM

[www.tackleworks.org]

Check here and you may find a builder in your immediate area.

Date: October 25, 2011 01:28PM

Thanks for the help Tom. I found Alex's email and have sent him a message. I'm still awaiting response. I'll check the link for tackleworks.org too.

thanks

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.nmci.usmc.mil)
Date: October 25, 2011 01:28PM

as he is not a sponsor you can google alx rods and you will have your information or look in tackleworks as Tom has posted for you.

Tom Kaufmann

Posted by: mark crouse (---.unassigned.ntelos.net)
Date: October 26, 2011 10:11AM

Hi Sam
I just send you an E-mail.
Best Regards Mark Crouse- The Munich Rod Man

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster