I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Batson Blanks and Merrick Tackle
Posted by: Maury Schiowitz (---.lightspeed.wepbfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 21, 2011 11:01PM

Has anyone had experience with Batson Blanks.....are their rods good quality.......Has anyone done business with Merrick Tackle......Are they a good supplier?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Batson Blanks and Merrick Tackle
Posted by: Timothy Johnson (129.133.178.---)
Date: October 21, 2011 11:11PM

I love the Batson blanks! The RCJB84XH and RCBT56H are some very nice blanks! I've built on some of the freshwater and saltwater stuff, very nice. Merrick Tackle is a good supplier as well; I usually get my orders the next day being only 1 state away. They carry a wide range of products, too!

Posted by: Brandon Gay (---.dsl.crchtx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 21, 2011 11:12PM

I personally love the Batson blanks. It would be interesting to see what others think. As far as Merrick, can't help you. I get mine from Get Bit Outdoors. Kevin is great to do business with and always helpful with any build issues I have.

Date: October 21, 2011 11:20PM

I have been going back and forth with Kevin over the 3 days and he has given me 2 quotes. I have decided to do business with him. I also have been talking to Carol at Utmost Enterprises on the Batson product line also and she has given me several good suggestions. Thanks for the info. Maury

Posted by: Ron Asker (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: October 22, 2011 10:46AM

I her all my rainshadow, forecast and alps products from utmost. Carol is excellent to work with.

Posted by: Isaiah Bumagat (---.bvtn.or.frontiernet.net)
Date: October 22, 2011 12:34PM

You cant go wrong with a Batson blank, great quality and great service. I have to agree that Carol is excellent to work with, all my Batson gear comes from her.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 22, 2011 02:18PM

Batson makes some of the finest blanks on the market!
Especially their RX8TC and RX8+ models
I would match the RX8+ blanks against any top of the line blank on the market today

Date: October 22, 2011 02:25PM

Thanks Steve for the info. The first rod I have decided on the SWB70XH Batson Blank. .......Maury

Posted by: Drew Pollock (---.100-30-64.ftth.swbr.surewest.net)
Date: October 22, 2011 02:25PM

Batson makes great blanks. My favorites are the RX8 Salmon/Steelhead blanks, and the RX8 Fly blanks. Sadly, the RX8+ Fly blanks are no longer available.

The RX8 blanks fish like high priced blanks for less than 1/2 price.

Drew

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: October 22, 2011 07:07PM

Merrick is a Wholesale deale only. You have to have business credentials to purchase from them

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Capt Neil Faulkner (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 22, 2011 07:52PM

Hi,

I have been purchasing from Batson Enterprises and Merrick Tackle for many years and very successfully I might add.

The Batson line of blanks that I use are perfect for all our fishing needs around Long Island, NY, as well as being reasonably priced. My customers like their reel seats as they are special. Customer service is excellent. Having met the Batsons and Adam in person at the ICRBE makes it even better.

Merrick Tackle has been a valued supplier of my blanks and most of my components and supplies. The young ladies that take my orders are most helpful and have bailed me out more than once when one of my senior moments would have caused me grief. I have met most of the Merrick Tackle folks during open house meeting with their suppliers. I lile having met the people I interface with.

Yes, I do business with several other companies for special items and they are also excellent, MudHole and Bingham. Great folks to do business with.

Capt Neil Faulkner

Posted by: Todd Kreikamp (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: October 24, 2011 02:07PM

Will be very happy with both!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster