I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Angler's Resource Guide Placement Software...anyone played with it yet?
Posted by: Scott Nordlund (209.62.238.---)
Date: October 21, 2011 09:56AM

I just came across this, and it looks like it's got all the info for using Fuji guides and the 27x method. Just input the stats and go....

Has this been around for a while, and I've just not visited recently enough?

It looks like a really nicely-designed tool to use.

-Scott

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Angler's Resource Guide Placement Software...anyone played with it yet?
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 21, 2011 10:05AM

This is something new, I was testing this with Jim Ising, from Fuji last month with the K guides and the AT guides on a 30-60# 7 'jigging rod, and a 1/4 - 3/4oz FW 8' rod. The 8' rod was already built, so I cross-checkd the GPS with a set up tha tI knew worked well form fishign the rod for a couple of years, it was pretty close. Getting the measurements of the reel is the key, once those parameters are entered into their software, it will spit out guide sizes and distances to place the guides. Takethe rod out, test cast and tweak, static deflect and wrap it up.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: October 21, 2011 11:53AM

It's new - further information on the how and why can be found in the new issue of RodMaker.

Posted by: matthew jacobs (---.122.31.71.static.ip.windstream.net)
Date: October 21, 2011 12:48PM

Not yet but after reading up on it the little I have, it sounds pretty neat and I'd like to give it a shot.

Posted by: John Martines (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: October 21, 2011 09:51PM

I haven't had a chance tto mess with it but I did check it out as well as the rest of the Anglers Resource site and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with it. I think I'm going over there now to mess with the GPS to see what all the hub bub is!!

Posted by: Drew Pollock (---.100-30-64.ftth.swbr.surewest.net)
Date: October 22, 2011 02:11PM

As it happens, I'm building a spinning rod right now. That software is really fun to play around with and compare to what I actually did. I am going to use it to lay out my next rod.

Minor suggestion: I would like to see the 27X be an adjustable variable, but you can kind of fake that by making your spool diameter smaller or larger.

Suggestion #2: It would be cool to have it lay out the running guides as well. My Oct Rodmaker is not here yet, maybe it will be in that, or at least as a start point for static testing.

The website at Anglers resource is waaaaay better than the last time I was on it. Very interesting, and very effective at making you aware of how much thought and energy Fuji puts into their products. Read all the links on the left on AR site. Lots of interesting stuff there.

Drew

Posted by: Eric MONTACLAIR (---.w86-198.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: October 23, 2011 04:58AM

Thats funny Fuji state their K serie wasn't adapted to the NGC, so they launch the KR serie.

Posted by: Todd Theodore (---.fuse.net)
Date: October 31, 2011 06:42PM

I'm getting some crazy numbers that can't be right. Can't find what I may be doing wrong. Going back to the tried and true.

Posted by: Michael Danek (50.33.221.---)
Date: November 05, 2011 07:12PM

Tried it out and compared to my rod in construction that used the 27X. Interesting that it moved the choke point toward the butt about 5 inches with a 1.75 dia reel spool. Also, it gave me a bunch of guides very close to each other, which I assume means that all those guides are on the recommended line path and I select those that make sense from spacing? Left a question on the blog, but nothing back yet.

It appears to me that the method recommends running the line through the center of the ring instead of lower edge as in 27X. That should cause some really big discussions here when all realize what's being recommended. Am I interpreting it correctly?.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster