I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NEW MHX Solid Carbon Ice Blanks
Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: October 10, 2011 09:46AM

The new MHX Ice Series of solid carbon ice blanks is now available!! These new solid carbon ice blanks have been developed to offer the highest quality blank of its kind coupled with the highest level of sensitivity and the greatest power to weight ratio available – in 5 models from 26” to 42”. Solid carbon blanks offer intense durability in the most extreme elements leaving no ill-effect on performance. These lightweight, yet powerful rod blanks provide the professional custom builder and hobbyist a dependable rod blank they can rely on for years to come. All blanks come with a Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Complete kits based on these blanks are also available. These high quality kits consist of "Super Grade" cork grips, Fuji reel seats and American Tackle "A Frame" spinning guides.

Get ready for the upcoming winter ice fishing season now, order a solid carbon ice blank or kit today by following the link below:
[www.mudhole.com]

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NEW MHX Solid Carbon Ice Blanks
Posted by: Don Morse (---.dsl.sfldmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 10, 2011 10:43PM

I can personally vouch for the great quality of these blanks. I received 2 prototypes a while back and built them up. Just have to wait for the ice now.

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: October 11, 2011 10:52AM

Don,
Wrong, wrong, wrong.
You don't have to wait for ice to use these rods.

Just take them to your favorite lake in your boat and go fishing with them.

You can use these rods for vertical fishing as well as casting. They are just a bit shorter than usual, but will work just fine to catch fish.

Not only that, they take up much less room in the boat.

It was only the other day, when I was a boat full of folks - all using ice fishing rods to catch a nice mess of fish from a boat at a local lake.

Unusual - you bet. Impossible to do - not at all.

Give it a try, you can get a good evalutation of the rods, before you start having to bundle up and drill holes to get to the fish.

Roger

Posted by: Don Morse (---.dsl.sfldmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 11, 2011 03:08PM

Too funny Roger, I did something similar this morning. A friend of a friend has a pond stocked with gills and a bridge going out to an island.... great spot to test it out, stood on bridge and dropped bait down to them.... AWESOME rod, can't say more.

Posted by: Dave Orr (---.nt.interNORTH.net)
Date: October 12, 2011 05:41PM

I hope to see them come out with some manly ice blanks as the ones currently available are only good for catching bait up here in the NWT. ;)

Regards
Dave

Fishing is Life the rest is just Details

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: October 13, 2011 04:19AM

Dave,
I concur.
I would also like to see some similar lengths and actions ranging from very light to medium heavy in both fiberglass and graphite in lengths to 48 inches. If too long, a blank can always have the butt chopped to get a desired length.

Roger

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 13, 2011 12:33PM

I think you will find that the 42" regular model will work well for your "Manly Fish".

Todd

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: Andrew Metzger (199.117.183.---)
Date: October 13, 2011 01:19PM

Todd, I just received a CIB-42-MHX and a CIB-36-MHX. Neither of these rods are for manly fish. The 36 will make a great light to medium trout rod. I will be getting at least another 2 of these for myself personally.

These blanks are excellent, good quality, they feel great for what they are. If I could make design changes on them, here's where I would go with them. I'd take the 36" model, keep the tip the same and beef the butt end up to a full .20" you might have a good all around Colorado ice rod. The 42" rod, while it feels nice, its flex curve is over the entire rod, bulk the back end up to .20" or even .25" give it a more pronounced backbone and then it'll be an excellent lake trout and northern pike rod.

If you need test subjects to catch manly fish through the ice, I know a few :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster