I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Artus HD Micros are here!
Posted by: Joe Meehan American Tackle (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: September 06, 2011 02:19PM

Hi All,

Here is the Artus HD Micro Guide press release. They're now in stock and they're gorgeous. For those looking for heavier applications or bulletproof durability these micros are for you. You can also mix them with the Artus guides in the lighter frame. They're identical in design but the HD's just utilize a thicker gauge frame.

Artus HD

The all new Artus HD utilizes a saltwater gauge 316SS or titanium frame for unsurpassed strength which protects the NanoLite ring, arguably the finest in the industry. Using this Artus HD Ring Lock frame design means they are the most durable micro ring guide ever made and are ideal for inshore saltwater rods.

The frame is designed to give a tremendous weight to strength ratio which will give the user a lifetime of performance and durability. This single foot micro guide features AT’s Ring Lock frame which keeps rings securely in place dramatically reducing rod warranty and repair. The extra strong vector angle gives tremendous strength to the foot and leg transition virtually eliminating foot sheer. The exclusive Foot Lock design virtually eliminates guide pull out eliminating the need for a locking wrap.

This new design adds structural strength reducing torsion that can dislodge the ring. The Ring Lock design will protect the ring securing it in place with greater surface area regarding frame-to-ring contact which also provides a larger epoxy reservoir.

The guides are offered with AT’s x-strong, super hard and slick, braid proof NanoLite rings the strongest ceramic ring of its kind as well as our braid proof DuraLite rings.

American Tackle's own Nanolite rings are diamond polished to allow near zero coefficient of friction with wet line. These rings are utilized to provide the ultimate in durability. They’re amongst the hardest ceramics available comparable to SiC but costing much less. Their strength allows a reduction in material resulting in reduced weight without sacrificing durability. Hardness and low coefficient of friction means they will endure all the punishment of today's modern braids and super lines while extending your casts and line life. ATC also grinds the surface of their NanoLite rings round to dramatically reduce line wear.

American Tackle is leading the way in Micro Guide technology. Rod design is finally catching up with the new super lines utilized today.

Joe Meehan, American Tackle

Warmest Regards,

Joseph F Meehan III
American Tackle Co. Inc
Ph: +1-508-957-2164
Toll Free: 1-888-516-1750
Cell: +1-508-364-3770
Fax: +1-508-957-2165
Toll Free Fax: 1-800-966-9430
email: joe@americantackle.us
Web Site: [americantackle.us]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Artus HD Micros are here!
Posted by: Russell Brunt (---.mercymiami.org)
Date: September 06, 2011 02:28PM

Joe, not to put you on the spot too badly, but who else can I ask:)

For us salt water guys just how heavy of a class would you fish the Aero seat? How about these new micro guides you mention?

These days they make spinning reels capable of taking on big fish! Now I'm not thinking blue fin tuna but how about sailfish, dolphin, cobia? Think they would handle 30# class okay?

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: September 06, 2011 02:35PM

Also, Joe,

hen are we going to see the Aero spinning seats in a larger size?? I've been hearing that they are on the way for 2 years. It's my favorite seat but I think that you would sell a LOT more if the came in larger sizes (preferably 18)

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Russell Brunt (---.mercymiami.org)
Date: September 06, 2011 02:48PM

Ditto on what Mike says too. Pretty hard to fit a 16 seat on a 30# rod:)

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Posted by: john timberlake (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: September 06, 2011 06:52PM

and even a 20 for big surf sticks...

Date: September 07, 2011 10:51AM

Hi Guys,

As for the Aero seat Darrin is on that project. In his defense the 17mm prototype came in and all they did was blow it up by 1mm which is the wrong way to do it. We want the palm swell the same size as the 16mm but with larger pockets to accommodate a larger reel. It has been a crazy summer. Darrin had to move all the way from WA to FL last month so he was a bit preoccupied. Now that he is settled this is a top priority. We were discussing it last week as a matter of fact.

As for the Artus HD’s for 30lb class rods in impractical terms I think they would work but are you going to find a top that will fit? You’d have to put an 8 ring on there if it needs anymore than an 8/64ths 3.2mm pipe. Hollow core line would be a must for knot clearance. They have the same gauge SS as our Typhoon #20 guide so I believe they’re strong enough. We made them for bulletproof freshwater and inshore saltwater for Reds, Blue’s, Stripers, Snook, Sea Bass and others in that weight category. Sailfish, Dolphin and Cobia depends largely on the blank you choose due to the tip size.

Joe Meehan, ATC

Date: September 07, 2011 11:05AM

We plan on a 17mm & 18mm for now we could go to 20 but we don't sell many 20mm seats.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster