I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Great Expo Addition
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: July 25, 2011 02:28PM

I'm pretty excited about this:

[www.rodmakermagazine.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Great Expo Addition
Posted by: Richard Glabach (158.74.35.---)
Date: July 25, 2011 03:05PM

I was lucky to see this presenter at the one Expo I attended - he is excellent

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 25, 2011 03:46PM

I wish I got more time to speak with Morris at prior ICRBE's. HE's a really good guy, pretty funny and super knowledgeable.

Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.reliablehosting.com)
Date: July 25, 2011 04:39PM

I went to the blog and copied and pasted the link to his own website. That stuff is sick! If the guy can make that stuff then he sure knows what he's talking about.

Posted by: Walt Davenport (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: July 25, 2011 04:45PM

glad to see him back also!

Walt Davenport
"Roadhouse Rods"

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: July 25, 2011 05:19PM

One of the things Morris told me this morning, and has told me several times in the past, is that he really enjoys the attitude of the rod builders at the Expo. This whole thing for a day long one-on-one demo was his idea, not mine. I was only too happy to take him up on his offer.

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.ppoe.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: July 25, 2011 05:23PM

Great to have him back. I could watch and listen to him all day.
My brother and I were very disappointed that he wasn't there in 2010.
Great to have him back.

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.sfldmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 25, 2011 05:23PM

I am really glad he is back. I learned so much from him in 2009-10! In addition to being a marvelous teacher, he has a fantastic sense of humor.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: July 25, 2011 05:44PM

As good as he is at turning wood, he might just be better at being a teacher. NO ONE should miss this opportunity if they turn ANYTHING on a lathe. He is super talented, but best of all he knows how to share, and impart, his knowledge with/upon others. Definitely a big bonus for 2012.

Posted by: Tony Politi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 25, 2011 08:31PM

Billy, you should try to get him on one of the late night NERB sessions, LOL.

Date: July 25, 2011 08:54PM

TOny, you gotta participate in one of those yourself. THey are FUN!!!!!!! I don't think Tom wants morris hanging with us o Fri or Sat night, he'll be SHOT for showtime.

Date: July 25, 2011 08:54PM

TOny, you gotta participate in one of those yourself. THey are FUN!!!!!!! I don't think Tom wants morris hanging with us o Fri or Sat night, he'll be SHOT for showtime.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: July 25, 2011 10:11PM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a GREAT addition!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: July 26, 2011 08:06PM

He looked very impressive.

I really had no plans on buying a wood lathe.

Buuuut,

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: July 27, 2011 07:11AM

Morris is a welcome addition, missed him last year. The year before he ran demos all the while he was free from the seminar room. The cleaning lady loved him! There was nothing he wasn't willing to teach you. He handed out his card if you needed help down the road he said to call. Showed us how to turn an oval shaped piece. Also the first year he was there he had never turned cork or used a mandrel before. He took suggestions from guys that did it on a regular basis and then incorporated into his seminar. In other words he was open to learn from us also. So people would not so open that but he was.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster