I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

10 years
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 27, 2011 10:27AM

The first post, a test message, was made on this forum on June 7th, 2001. Rodbuilding.org officially opened for "business" on June 12th, 2001. I completely forgot about that anniversary, too.

In these past 10 years we've had just over 7,000 registered users (only 16 people have ever been banned - you really have to get out of line to get the boot here). In these past 10 years there have been roughly 365,000 posts made (an average of 100 posts per day, every day) and 99% of the total content has been focused strictly on custom rod building topics.

The forum is as popular today as it was 10 years ago. Hopefully it will still be churning along 10 years from now.

[www.rodmakermagazine.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2011 06:34PM by Tom Kirkman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 10 years
Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lns17.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: June 27, 2011 11:22AM

To Tom,

You've done a great job with this forum and there is no doubt it's the best rodbuilding forum around. One of the reasons it's the best is because of the rules you have instigated and enforced. The other reason is the people that contribute gladly give up their experiences in order to help others. Let's hope that there's a lot more years in front as it brings builders from all over the world together and the chance to swap stories and methods and there is always something new to learn no matter how long you've been building. I'm sorry that I didn't find it sooner but I've still got a few years left in me yet.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2011 11:26AM by Col Chaseling.

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: June 27, 2011 11:37AM

Hello Tom

Col has it right, congrats and many more!!!

Tight Lines & Open Minds.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: lorenzo tellez (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: June 27, 2011 01:44PM

Yo! Tom! Even though I have only been on this site for a year now, you been a great help to me, I wish you many more years helping others in the great art of rod building, Thank You!

Posted by: Nuno Paulino (---.134.54.77.rev.vodafone.pt)
Date: June 27, 2011 02:18PM

Congratulations Tom!
10 years its a long way. I hope to be around for the next 10.
Thank you very much for everything.

Grande abraço amigo

Nuno

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.skylan.net)
Date: June 27, 2011 02:24PM

There are a lot of other forums on the net. This is the only one I follow on a regular basis and there is a good reason for that.

Thanks Tom for a great forum and magazine.

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: Get Bit Outdoors.Com (---.sip.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 27, 2011 02:59PM

Congrats and Thanks so much for all you do!!!

Tight Lines and Bull's-eyes,

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com
www.facebook.com/GetBitOutdoors

Posted by: Les Stewart (---.rh1.dyn.cm.comporium.net)
Date: June 27, 2011 03:23PM

Its a good thing I remembered that the 16th was my 10th anniversary. Looks like June 2001 was a busy time for both of us! I hope I'm still around to see our 20th.

Posted by: David Norton (---.bna.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 27, 2011 04:45PM

While I can't say that I post much,lol. I stop by here every day, or so it seems. I remember finding this forum. Yup, it was 10 yrs.ago, and I still enjoy it as much now as
then. I have been building for 16 yrs. and find this the most informative and friendly forum regarding rod building. Keep up the great work Tom!

Dave Norton
Millennium Custom Rods

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2011 05:02PM by David Norton.

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: June 27, 2011 05:39PM

I read the Letter in Rodmaker from the Lady renewing her subscription and thanking you for having a Lady and Family Friendly Site. And I must Agree it is Very Nice
Happy Anniversary!

Posted by: Brent Boxall (---.epbinternet.com)
Date: June 28, 2011 12:12PM

Being new to rod building this site is a necessity for me!

Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.reliablehosting.com)
Date: June 28, 2011 12:23PM

After some exchanges I had with others on some rod building websites this one really appealed to me. I also like that everybody has to abide by the same rules. Good on 'ya.

Posted by: Trung Diep (12.22.49.---)
Date: June 28, 2011 05:25PM

Congrats and all the hard work you do for this site.

Trung

Posted by: Drew Pollock (---.100-30-64.ftth.swbr.surewest.net)
Date: June 28, 2011 08:22PM

I've learned and tried a lot of things I found here in the last year. Thank you to Tom and all the contributors.

Suggestion: Allow pictures in the main forum.

Drew

Posted by: Michael Shewell (---.dsl.sfldmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 30, 2011 03:33AM

Thank You so much for for this forum Tom.

Posted by: Harold Dean (---.wireless.telus.com)
Date: June 30, 2011 10:30AM

Congratulations Tom.

Besides bringing some of the finest builders in the world together to share their experiences, I really like the photo section. Seeing some of the fantastic work done by others has made me a better builder in trying some of the techniques seen on here.

regards
Harold

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster