I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

importing cork into australia?
Posted by: michael bonanno (---.lns9.cht.bigpond.net.au)
Date: June 23, 2011 11:01PM

hi, does anyone know if there is any customs issues with importing cork into Australia?
i normally buy from Aus ,but with the aussie dollar doing so well it is cheaper to buy from USA.
there is also a better selection from the US.
thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: importing cork into australia?
Posted by: Col Chaseling (---.lns2.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: June 23, 2011 11:26PM

Hi Michael,
I get mine from Portugal and the States and have never had any issues with customs.

ESFNEM Col
Port Kembla, NSW
Australia

Re: importing cork into Australia?
Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: June 24, 2011 12:38AM

Michael,
If you could buy it directly from Portugal, you could cut out the middleman. A very large % of the high quality cork that is in the US has been imported from Portugal.

Be safe
Roger

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 24, 2011 07:00AM

Check Mar Ktruz (on the left) - wide selection of cork / cork composites direct from Portugal

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 24, 2011 07:35AM

All the cork in the U.S. has been imported from Portugal. It's not grown here and in fact, Portugal grows over 90% of the world's supply.

Posted by: michael bonanno (---.lns9.cht.bigpond.net.au)
Date: June 24, 2011 07:40AM

thanks guys, i will look into buying direct from Portugal. i've been wrapping rods for years and only just starting to use cork believe it or not.
most of my customers prefer hypolon or eva due to styles of fishin eg. beack , rock, offshore.
so a whole new adventure starts.
looking at all the different cork and cork composites, i feel like a kid in a candy shop.
i bought a cork slicer, pie cuter, and "V" shape cuter gismo the other day, wow what a great piece or equipment.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: June 24, 2011 07:53AM

Unless you are looking to purchase a lot of cork, it won't make sense to purchase direct. There are expenses involved which require a significant purchase to reduce the cost (shipping, wire fees, minimum purchase quantities, etc.). On average, you would need to buy around 1,000 pieces to even begin to arrive at a small savings. For normal quantities, Mar Ktruz does have dealers in the US that carry a selection at a good price.

Posted by: . Douglas Webb (---.sub-75-220-211.myvzw.com)
Date: June 24, 2011 09:21AM

I brought up the Mar Ktruz Sponsor on the left and it is in Spanish which I don't speak. How do you get around that? Thanks, Doug

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.scana.com)
Date: June 24, 2011 09:49AM

Joaquim is very helpful. Drop an email and he is usually quick to respond and help. The English is a little rough, but I've always been able to understand them.

-----------------
AD

Posted by: matthew jacobs (---.122.31.71.static.ip.windstream.net)
Date: June 24, 2011 10:06AM

Douglas Webb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I brought up the Mar Ktruz Sponsor on the left and
> it is in Spanish which I don't speak. How do you
> get around that? Thanks, Doug

[translate.google.com]

Also, using Google Chrome as your browser, gives you the choice of translating when you open the page.

Posted by: Pedro Gomez (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 24, 2011 10:46AM

Portuguese not Spanish.

Posted by: Karen Hapka - Bingham Ent. (---.rdns.blackberry.net)
Date: June 24, 2011 11:17AM

Bingham Enterprises stocks all types of cork rings from Mar Ktruz - we have their CG2 and CG3 rings along with designer decor rings Model #'s 10 and 3. These decor rings are made with high quality cork and prepared in various ways to give great visuals. You the rodbuilder are now able to create even more fascinating designs.
E-mail me for pics and pricing

Karen Hapka
Bingham Enterprises
Binghamenterprises@kc.rr.com

Posted by: Tony Scott (---.bltmmd.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 29, 2011 05:36AM

Karen -

Do you have photos of the #10 and #3?

Thanks,

Tony

Posted by: Joaquim Loureiro (---.netvisao.pt)
Date: July 04, 2011 02:11PM

wel my english is not the best, but any person can contact in english no problem.

more one month ( more or less ) i will put the new webpage in the air , anybody will like because is only cork production and the first phase wil be in portuguese and english and in future wil have more languages

Joaquim Loureiro
Mar Ktruz Lda

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster