I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Get Bit Outdoors Open for Business!!
Posted by: Get Bit Outdoors.Com (---.sip.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 09, 2011 03:15PM

Get Bit Outdoors.com is proud to announce that we are now open for business and glad to be a sponsor of RodBuilding.org!!

With over 40yrs of custom rod building experience and a desire to serve custom rod builders with the service and products they deserve, we are committed to earning your trust.
We currently stock complete product lines from Batson, Fuji, Pacific Bay, Flex Coat, to name a few, and will be adding additional product lines in the near future. One thing is for sure!! We only distribute products from manufacturers who stand behind their offerings and share the same values we do. With over 95% of the products listed on our website in stock and ready to be picked, we do our absolute best to be sure orders are shipped complete, the same day.

As the sole owner of Get Bit Outdoors, I am extremely humbled to have this opportunity. It is my personal mission to help bring moral integrity and true customer service to a new level in the industry. Every step of the custom rod building process, including purchasing components, should be a positive experience and that is what we are all about.

We are truly here to serve you and would greatly appreciate it if you would let us know how we can improve our site, product offering, customer service, etc.. .We want to be your true one stop shop!

Custom Rod Building Supply is just one branch of our business; please feel free to check us out at www.GetBitOutdoors.com and let us know how we can add value to your Custom Rod Building Experience.

* Located in Orlando Florida, we are minutes from Bass Pro Shops and all the other major attractions. Feel free to stop in or call us anytime at 407-240-8331.
* We look forward to building many long lasting relationships and hope to have the opportunity to earn your business.

Tight Lines and Bull’s-eyes,

Kevin Brotz and the Get Bit Outdoors Team

Tight Lines and Bull's-eyes,

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com
www.facebook.com/GetBitOutdoors

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2011 03:23PM by Tom Kirkman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Get Bit Outdoors Open for Business!!
Posted by: Rick Heil (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: June 09, 2011 03:33PM

Gonna go have a look-see Welcome to RB.ORG !

Rick H.

rwheil@msn.com

Website
[www.facebook.com]
[home.comcast.net]

Date: June 09, 2011 03:37PM

Thanks Rick, Let us know what you think and how we can improve.

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.sttl.static.dslblast.com)
Date: June 09, 2011 03:53PM

Kevin,
The site looks great>> we look forward to seeing you grow personally and professionally in this Great Industry/Craft. We are excited about having a distributor in that area and know you will do very well.
I know Get Bit has quite a bit of Batson inventory. This is a great way to get comfortable about your chioce to use the WORLD FAMOUS Batson Product lines.. Rainshadow/Forecast and ALPS.. I know we get requests for walk in stores in that area that carry inventory, well here it is.

Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
Rainshadow/Forecast/ALPS product lines
877-875-2381
www,batsonenterprises.com
batson@batsonenterprises.com

Posted by: Rick Heil (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: June 09, 2011 06:13PM

HEllo Kevin & Get Bit team

The site is great ! I managed to browse most of the sites areas and signed up an account as well it was very easy and self explanatory. Your product list is extensive and you have a good line of products we as builders already use! You wanted feed back and this is only constructive and by no means is a put down. Just a heads up on my journey through the site. The cork products I think may have been unfinished ? I could be wrong but there was only three items listed and was one the first places I usually click when I look at what they all a have. Cork is expensive by any means for any builder I beleive and we are always looking, except for those fortunate to have it in their back yard and or a supplier who really likes them LOL.

The Video section .....I took my time there and viewed Kevin in form and I can say those were very good and informative and very unbiased in nature to any builder wanting to know the basics and even some advance work ! I will recommend anyone to those for view of learning the ropes. It was easy to find and laid out very well and you could even hear what you were saying clearly! As for Log in Log out feature I did not see one after I signed up not sure if that's intentional or not. Hm I know its just getting started but really I my opinion....a forum should be in the works and up.....I know they can be a problem child at times but you got what I think is a great site and good start and showing your costumers that you Listen in side those forums means a lot! I visit them avidly for ideas and information not just here every were to keep up with current events.

With that CONGRADULATIONS on a great business and website, I look forward to doing business with you folks in the future !

Rick H.

rwheil@msn.com

Website
[www.facebook.com]
[home.comcast.net]

Date: June 09, 2011 06:23PM

Rick, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. If you click on grips, and then cork you should see 11 different categories of cork. Feel free to give us a call if something is showing up otherwise. We are building a forum and are taking our time doing so for the reasons you mentioned. We want it to be done right so that it is clear and easy to use for everyone. We are working on organizing and will be constantly adding to the video library.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE KIND WORDS!! We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com

Posted by: kevin merritt (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: June 09, 2011 07:17PM

First rate service from people who KNOW rod building!
Kevin helped me out of a jam on a build, never forget that kind of thing !

Posted by: Rod Carlson (---.opera-mini.net)
Date: June 09, 2011 09:05PM

Hello Kevin
The site looks great and loads very fast and I am looking at it on my cellphone from New Zealand! Good stuff

Posted by: Get Bit Outdoors.Com (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: June 09, 2011 10:50PM

Thanks Kevin!!

That's AWESOME Rod!! Crazy to think that the site is being viewed all the way down under!....close enough anyway haha.. Give us a shout if you are ever in the States, I'd be glad to get you out on the water.

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com

Posted by: Bob Riggins (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: June 10, 2011 09:41AM

Nice web site. Very happy to see someone close carrying Batson/Rainshadow products. Gives me another reason to drive over to Orlando (and I'm not talking Disney).

Date: June 10, 2011 09:57AM

Thank You Bob! We are happy to say that we stock the full line of Batson/Rainshadow products, they are a top notch company with a top notch offering.

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster