I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Richard Schwarz has passed away.
Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: June 08, 2011 11:37PM

This past weekend Rich passed away in his sleep. Rich was a prime and intregal part of the NERB threadart movement, and the most selfless human being I've ever met. Always sharing..always caring. He was the one that got Billy Vivona to all the Expos, and a ton of NERBS gatherings. these past years in the black Suburban....Rich always had a camera, and a son at his side. I cant say anymore about this but had to start a post....except that my wife said "Was he the really nice one with the black Suburban?"......thats the one.

RIP Rich.

MJ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2011 11:45PM by Michael Joyce.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richard Schwarz has passed away.
Posted by: Bob Mankin (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: June 09, 2011 12:21AM

Sounds like a little bit of the heart of the NERBS has left. Do the grieving, then schedule a NERBS gig in his honor. Seems only appropriate. Opportunity for you all to honor the man, share stories, etc.

Posted by: Ken Bonneau (---.dalecarnegie.com)
Date: June 09, 2011 08:23AM

One of the kindest, most thoughtful Gentlemen that I have ever had the pleasure to meet and call friend. I'll miss the light in his eyes as he spoke about family, friends, fishing and rod building. I only had the pleasure of Rich's company a few times per year and many knew him much, much better than I but damn I'll miss seeing and speaking with you Rich.

Posted by: kevin knox (---.baybroadband.net)
Date: June 09, 2011 09:09AM

Oh No! I am so sorry. He was such a nice guy!

Im speechless. Praying for the family.

Posted by: John Martines (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: June 09, 2011 10:42AM

I knew Rich for only a few years but I loved talking with him about anything, from politics to fishing. We had a lot of good times and laughs at the Expo this year and it will not be the same at any NERBS function without him. As said above he was out going, smart, could think outside the box and most important a GREAT family man and friend. He surely will be missed without a doubt by all who knew him.
I have said prayers for his family. We all will miss you Rich but we will not forget you!

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: June 09, 2011 01:40PM

I also knew Rich only a few years ( probably since the 3rd expo when I hooked up with the NERBS). A kinder more committed hard working family man than Rich is hard to find. The times I spent with him were always full Joy and happiness. NERBS gatherings will never be the same . He will not be forgotten . Condolences to his family and friends.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Jim Pizzale (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 09, 2011 03:38PM

Another friend that leaves us, and his young family, all too soon (44 yrs. old). I got to know Rich via NERBS, and we traded emails frequently
about canyon fishing, boats, reports, etc. Trying to help each other out with any "info" when either one of
us had some to share. A super down-to -earth guy that shared the passion., and a very decent
human being. You will be missed by everyone that was fortunate enough to know you.....

Mostly, my thoughts and prayers are with his family at this most difficult time.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 09, 2011 05:42PM

It has been a very tough week after hearing of Rich passing on Sunday morning, he was one of my best friends. I have been friends with Rich since the Thread Art classes I did in 2005, but we correspnded via e-mail in 2002 when he wanted me to put a wrap on a rod for him. I gave him a high price, but toldhim I'd rather teach him how ot do it than to do one for him. He came to all the ICRBE's and was a major part of the NERBs, teh boothm, teh gatherings, the tee shirt, DEcorative WRaps, andanything else I did he was alwas the first and lat one I asked fo ran opinion. He also started the NERBs BBQ's, in which he really put on a show with food and drink at his house.

Outside of building, Rich was an amazing DAd, husband and friend. He had a heart condition, and lived his life to the fullest, doing everything he could for his family, and with his family. He will be missed by all, but will never be forgotten.

Posted by: Steve Kolb (---.mad.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 09, 2011 07:32PM

It's really a shame that we lost such a great guy in Rich. I did not know him for very long but he showed himself to be a very helpful and generous individual, smart and funny as well. I am glad he spent so much time with his family like he did. The last three ICRBE's I spent considerable amounts of time just talking with Rich at the round tables near the NERBS booth...I am thankful for that time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2011 10:07AM by Steve Kolb.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 10, 2011 07:44AM

Here is a photo gallery of the pics I have of Rich, many of ht epics he took as he loved photography...much mo ethan he did being in the pics himself, lol. [www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Bill Ballou (---.hsd1.tn.comcast.net)
Date: June 10, 2011 07:48AM

I o nly knew Rich from a couple ICRBES. But one word comes to mind GENTLEMAN. He was a gentle man, wiling to do anything for NERBS and family. His suburban was always packed to the roof with booth items for H.P. He really exemplifies what NERBS are about caring and sharing.
My thoughts and prayers go out to family. He will be in my prayers.
"Only the good die young" Billy Joel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster