I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Help us choose a T-Shirt
Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: May 13, 2011 05:12PM

Anglers Resource is trying to decide on a T-Shirt and, frankly, we're having a hard time making up our mind. So, we thought maybe you all could help (we don't seem to be short on opinions around here). I have uploaded a number of choices to the photo gallery and would appreciate it if you would visit and send an email to info@anglersresource.net with your (letter A, B etc) choice in the subject line. Most of the shirts have a "K-Series" theme since we tend to promote that most these days, but we've tried to keep them subtle in message so you don't feel like a walking billboard when you wear one of them. By the way, K-Series guides have a 17-degree slope and that's where the K17, SLOPE HEAD and "seventeen degrees" shirts are coming from (maybe a little too sublte?). Using our email will keep the whole thing unbiased, I'll post the winner in a week or so. We are also thinking about offering these in a "green" version. Fuji is very sensitive to the environment and is going "green" so we are considering a bamboo,hemp,cotton blend that is enviro-friendly. A very nice shirt.

One last thing, I can't click the pic to enlarge in my computer for some reason but when I go down to the little printer icon and click there, I get a nice big pic I can see well.

Thanks for your help. Click the link below

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help us choose a T-Shirt
Posted by: Chuck McIntyre (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: May 14, 2011 05:43PM

While some are better than others,one is not acceptable. That one is choice "C". I won't call it blatant racism. However,I would have to say its derogatory. Considering you are attempting to promote a product produced in Japan,that seems to be self defeating. Perhaps if the manufacturers name wasn't obviously Japanese......Just sayin......

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: May 14, 2011 06:21PM

That one went right by me, but you're right. After the better part of a couple years in Japan (which I loved!) I agree that "Slope Head" is DEFINITELY derogatory!!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 14, 2011 07:32PM

Going green with bamboo and hemp in one product is sure to cause some air pollution at its point of recycle.

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster