I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

School Fishing Rodeo
Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: May 02, 2011 04:13PM

For a second year in row,Mud Hole Employees headed up a “Fishing Rodeo” at one of the local schools last weekend. Teacher’s Hands Academy is private school for children whom are struggling in “public school settings” the students at the school generally require a more hands on approach to learning. A hand’s on approach to fishing is what we brought them.

We taught 120 children ages 5 – 12. The children were broken down into age groups and each rotated through 5 educational stations. Each station was 20 minutes long. The stations were as follows:
1. Understanding Tackle
2. Conservation
3. Safety
4. Knot Tying
5. Casting

After the 5 stations were completed the children split into 2 large groups, 1 group would have lunch while the other group was able to fish in the pond located at the schools property , the groups were given 45 minutes to put their recently learned knowledge to the test, the pond is stocked with crappie, brim and bass. The children spent 45 minutes outside around the pond trying desperately to catch a fish. We had all different types of bait from real worms to plastic worms, bread, hotdogs and corn. We wanted nothing more than to show the children how much fun fishing can be. We also taught them the lesson on patience, or at least we tried. Sadly the fish were not cooperating and we only landed a handful but we saw more smiles and happy faces to last a lifetime.

Each child left school that day with a new fishing rod and a small freshwater tackle box. We have already heard stories of the children going out with their parents and catching fish. We are truly blessed to have been given the experience to help these children to learn more about our passion, which is fishing. Teaching the younger generation to fish is truly essential in keeping any sport/hobby going for years to come. We look forward to the privilege in participating in this program for years to come and encourage others to "take a kid fshing" today!

Some photos are below.
[www.rodbuilding.org]

[www.rodbuilding.org]

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: School Fishing Rodeo
Posted by: wayne diduch (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: May 02, 2011 04:23PM

Now that is Cool!!... God Bless the Folks at Mudhole...nice move Guys...Class Act...those Kids will never forget that Day.

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.gctel.stellarllc.net)
Date: May 02, 2011 05:17PM

Good for you! I once heard a law enforcement person on WFN say that no teenager he ever arrested was carrying a fishing license.

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.sttl.static.dslblast.com)
Date: May 02, 2011 07:06PM

Excellent Job>>That is more like it>

Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: May 02, 2011 08:10PM

Fantastic! That's what I'd expect out of you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 03, 2011 11:56PM

Good job!! A nice investment in those kids future!

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 04, 2011 08:08AM

Sounds like a fun day. THere should be more take a kid fishing days (or take a kid doing anythng other than video games, TV and text days). Fish never seem to cooperate when you want them to, it's good that everyone still had fun and learned a bit in the process.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster