I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

.... Not a HAPPY CAMPER ....
Posted by: Donald Newenhouse (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: April 20, 2011 10:13AM

.... Waiting for the new all color issue to arrive. Went to the mail box yesterday opened the mail box there it was, but I was not to happy. Pulled it out and to my surprise it looked awlful. The outside jacket was torn badly, there was one big foot print on the back side of the jacket.The cover page was a real mess. It looked as though it was rolled up in a ball. It was one wrinkled mess.If Lana could see what her Marlin looked like, I think she would be very upset.
Also there was about four of the insde pages torn and wrinkled just as bad.

Attn: Tom K. How long do I have to wait before I can order it as a back issue, to replace it. I sure don't want to add this one to my collection.. <<<<DON>>>>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2011 04:42PM by Donald Newenhouse.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: .... Not a HAPPY CHAMPER ....
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 20, 2011 10:29AM

Don,

I have always been happy to replace issues that are lost or damaged by the USPS, at no charge to the subscriber.

The only issues I won't replace are those where the subscriber fails to notify me of a address change - 3rd class mail is not forwardable.

Send me your zip code so I can look up your record and I'll get a replacement out to you.

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: April 20, 2011 01:33PM

Donald,
You are a rod builder.
Be creative,
Clean off the foot print with foot print cleaner and use a sprayer and your wifes iron to iron out the wrinkles and move on.

Be safe and - if you really aren't a happy camper, find a different camp ground.
That is what my wife tells me when we find a spot that is not exactly what we had planned for.

Enjoy - remember Texas is on fire!!

Roger

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 20, 2011 01:48PM

My postman always makes sure mine is in good condition - personal inspection - by reading it on his lunch break while on his rounds.

Posted by: Mark Clooten (---.dualrack.com)
Date: April 20, 2011 01:53PM

Considering the quality of rodmaker I do not think anybody is going to be happy with a wrinkled ironed flat copy in their collection. I know I already started keeping mine but I throw out most of my fishing magazines when done reading them. Rodmaker is for keeps in a collection.

Re: .... Not a HAPPY CAMPER ....
Posted by: Donald Newenhouse (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: April 20, 2011 04:47PM

.... Thanks Tom, zip code has been sent.
Thanks Mark, that is exactly the way I feel too.
And Roger I will pray for rain for Texas !!!

Posted by: Ron Flowers (70.249.151.---)
Date: April 20, 2011 07:32PM

For those interested.....
The fire is about 50 miles away (Ft Worth) and was closing fast. We had a few thunder-storms pass through yesterday but they were all east of the fires. Not as much wind today and was cloudy all day so maybe that helped the fire-fighters. Has wiped out a lot of homes on the east side of Possum Kingdom Lake.
Last report was 150,000 acres burned....only one life lost. The town of Palo Pinto was evacuated yesterday. Ron

Posted by: John Sams (66.28.139.---)
Date: April 20, 2011 07:53PM

??????????????????

Posted by: Ron Flowers (70.249.151.---)
Date: April 21, 2011 06:39AM

Yeah John I know, off topic...it was brought up, thought i'd reply to it. It's a big deal to those of us around it.

Tom K. feel free to delete it........sorry! Ron

Posted by: Buzz Butters (---.ripon.k12.wi.us)
Date: April 21, 2011 10:02AM

Don,
I have been in the same boat as you and as usual Tom was happy to replace the issue at no cost to me. Mine got soaked through by rain and then the pages froze together. All before it even ended up in my mailbox. If this were a different magazine it would take you hours to make contact with a "real human" to discuss the problem. And in most cases they wouldn't send you a replacement issue, they would just extend your subscription one issue and you would be out the that particular edition. Tom is a rare individual to deal with in this world of automation and lack of personal service. Great product and great service. Doesn't get any better than that.

Buzz

Posted by: Allen Madsen (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: April 24, 2011 10:12PM

The problem that will be more and more common is the USPS is starting to use flat sorting machines for the Magazines so the carrier can spend more time on the street and less time in the office. My wife is a letter carrier and has said she gets a lot of Mags that have bent and ripped covers and pages. I do not know how many areas are up and running with these machines but more and more are being put on line every month.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: April 24, 2011 10:27PM

Allen Madsen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The problem that will be more and more common is
> the USPS is starting to use flat sorting machines
> for the Magazines so the carrier can spend more
> time on the street and less time in the office. My
> wife is a letter carrier and has said she gets a
> lot of Mags that have bent and ripped covers and
> pages. I do not know how many areas are up and
> running with these machines but more and more are
> being put on line every month.

Not that I am happy about it, but this must explain why my magazines always look like they have been chewed on, stomped and left for dead. Over the last year or so, every copy looks like it has been "checked out from the library" at least a dozen times.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster