I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

castaway double exposed reel seat
Posted by: lorenzo tellez (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: April 15, 2011 09:18PM

I was looking at the castaway double exposed reel seat, the half increments, so I would measure in mm's then multiply by 2, to get the right size, correct?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: castaway double exposed reel seat
Date: April 15, 2011 11:11PM

I guess I didn't explain that double expose seat the way I wanted, it's just i do not understand how I would order the reel seat size, cause the place where i plan to put my reel seat is 12.25mm's, so if the order for the reel seat is in half mm's increments, then it would be 24,50mm's, and they don't have that size, can anyone please clear this for me, it would be a great comfort, thank you.

Posted by: David Andress (---.tampfl.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: April 15, 2011 11:48PM

12.25 is the correct size , I checked Swampland's website they have a 13 and a 11.5 but nothing in between I would Email lance He's is great to deal with at least he will point you in the right direction .

Date: April 16, 2011 09:37AM

Thanks David, will do that, I am working on one right now, thats got a split reel seat, but the next one i think i'll try that Castaway, sounds good. have a great fishing season.

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.ronkva.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 16, 2011 11:17AM

Lance at Swampland does have whole and 1/2 sizes in the castaways. I would buy a 12mm and a 12.5mm and save the remaining seat for later while using the best fitting. I keep at least one of every size all the time that makes fitting a blank easy as pie.

DR

Date: April 16, 2011 11:41AM

So the order sizes are in whole and half increments, like 12.5mm, cause the list of sizes they have go to 15, so that would be 15mm? I was thinking that since it said they were in 9.0 through 15.0 in half mm increments.that teh sizes listed where in half mm increments, I guess i would order teh 12.5 mm. Thanks for the help, I'll just order the size I need and see if it is teh right size.

Posted by: Steve Chontos (---.232.newnanutilities.org)
Date: April 16, 2011 10:13PM

Lorenzo, I would order the 12.0 and the 12.5 and use the one that fits best. I have found some variation in sizes between manufacturers, but not much. If I was to only order 1, I would go with the 12.0. If the 12.5 is even a little too big, it won't be a tight fit where you want it to get your grip length right and performance and looks will be sacrificed. With any of the exposed blank reel seats, you want a tight fit and you can't build that area up with anything and make it work right. Call Lance and talk to him about your problem and he can best advise you about the Castaway seats.
Good luck,

Date: April 16, 2011 10:21PM

The place where the seat is , is 12.25mm, so I think the 12mm will fit tight enough, cause that .25 would not be that much of a matter, I don't think. so its 12mm seat. I will probably order 2 just in case and to have an extra, its always good to have an extra. Have a good one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster