I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NERBs NY April 9th final details & food list YUM!!!
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 07, 2011 07:33AM

Any last minute on the fence builders interested in attending let me know ASAP xlrods@yahoo.com. I have 28 buiilders signed up, and 3 on the maybe list. This is going to be a really good gathering, with a lot of talented builders, and 1 builders who have never been to a NERBs gathering before. The topics that will be covered, but limited to:
Basic & Advanced Dec WRaps
Basic & Advanced grip inlays
Epoxying a rod from A to Z, I will be puttingCP ona wrap, and epoxy on guide and anothe rwrap. Dfferent techniques for each, diffeent finishes, explainations of how and hy
Guide repair

The Menu is pretty sick, thanks to Amore Italiano on Staten Island for putting all this food together:
3ft hero Grilled chicken, fresh mozzarella, roasted peppers
1tray penne Vodka
1tray mozzarella corroza (fried thingys)
1/2 tray buffalo wings
1 tray farfalla and chicken alfredo.
1tray Garlic sticks

THis is the last NERBs gathering of the season,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NERBs NY April 9th final details & food list YUM!!!
Date: April 07, 2011 07:54AM

A couple of the rods I am really lookng forward to seeing on saturday:
this weave whic hwas just completed by Ken Bonneau: [www.stripersonline.com]
the wrap which Sean Endres did: [stripersonline.com]
this grip which Steve Zayas put together: [www.facebook.com]

Ther ewil be so many moe rods there with insane threadwork and Decorative Grips > it's going to be mind boggling.

Posted by: Joe Azar (---.sub-174-252-192.myvzw.com)
Date: April 07, 2011 09:16AM

Hey, I think I'd rather come to the NY gathering.
We are just having hotdogs and sausage sandwiches.
The big class is Bill Eshelman is going to show how to wrap guides with kite string and Elmer's glue.

Have a great time,
Joe Azar

Date: April 07, 2011 09:59AM

Joe, you guys are going to have a BLAST. This is the first big gatheirng in Ohio, the first of many to come I hope. Bill has worked pretty hard to put all this together, and it's going to be a hit. The food for my gathering - honestly I got sick and tired of 6' hero's, so instead of spending $85 on that, I'm willing to spend $200 and have the variety.

MAke sure oyu guys take pics and post them and save them for next year when you are trying to put another one together. Looking forward to reading the follow ups after Ohio.

Posted by: Gabe Nakash (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: April 07, 2011 06:41PM

yeah but this time you have 27 people coming. lmfao

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.static.mdfd.or.charter.com)
Date: April 08, 2011 01:03AM

Any gathering put together with some seriousness is bound to be a success. Billy & the NERBS go all out and plan well and Bill has really worked hard on his event. Just tossing something together is better than nothing at all but when folks really "do the work" as Barta likes to say, one should really try and GO! You won't be dissappointed.

Bill & Billy,
Keep up the good work! I hope to follow your lead sometime soon.

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: HANK Turner (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: April 08, 2011 11:50AM

Billy after meeting you and attending your two classes at the expo and buying your book and dvd's , I would give anything to attend one of your gatherings , however I am currently haveing some health problems and my Dr. says no travel for awile. Maybe next year. Hank

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: April 08, 2011 03:12PM

Joe,

Can I bum a ride with you?

Hey!!! Wait a minute, AREN`T YOU THE ONE BRINIG THE HOTDOGS??????????????????

Kite string? I can`t work with that small stuff, I was using binder twine.

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: Harry Kelly (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 08, 2011 04:49PM

Really wish I could of make the last one of the season,,,But work is a calling...Those that take advantage of these gatherings will NOT be disappointed with the wealth of knowledge packed in one room and the great eats thru out the day.........( take it a little easy on Gabe) LOL enjoy your day people...........

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster