I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

flushing syringes
Posted by: HANK Turner (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: April 02, 2011 11:38AM

is it ok to clean syringes after mixing epoxy with alcohol ? if not what is the right way? thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: flushing syringes
Posted by: Jim Kastorff (---.san.res.rr.com)
Date: April 02, 2011 12:15PM

I've always cleaned mine with denatured alcohol, works just fine with flexcoat type finishes

Posted by: Scott Hovanec (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: April 02, 2011 12:46PM

I never clean mine. I use them til the numbers wear off. Usually get a little over a year out of a set

Posted by: John Martines (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: April 02, 2011 12:48PM

Why would you need to clean them?? I have mine in a plastic sleeve/bag and since one is only hardener the other is resin and they are never mixed in the syringes. Once they get all caked with stuff which takes like a year I throw them out and get new ones.. Not worth cleaning a 2 dollar item!!

Posted by: Jim Gamble (97.106.17.---)
Date: April 02, 2011 01:03PM

Mine stay stored on the epoxy bottles, I have never cleaned them either ... no need to do so AND nothing good would come of it. I also get about a year out of a pair before switching to a new set.

Posted by: HANK Turner (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: April 02, 2011 01:35PM

glad to hear cleaning not necessary. thanks all

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 02, 2011 01:36PM

mark the syringes with a ( A ) and a ( B ) so you don't mix them up. And the bottles . Easy to see.
I do like Scott.

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Jim Gamble (97.106.17.---)
Date: April 02, 2011 03:28PM

Drill a hole in the top of your epoxy bottles (5/32). Not only can you store your syringes there, but it makes using them easier ... simply draw epoxy like a vaccine vial. Not a drop gets on the outside of the syringe that way - nothing to clean up, nothing to mix up.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: April 02, 2011 05:00PM

I have done like Jim (great minds.......) for years. Never clean and always store them in the top. Like Jim said, simply invert bottle, draw out what you need, empty into cup, put back into top, draw back the plunger a little and repeat with next bottle. I have recently used these [www.mudhole.com] and really them.

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.ppoe.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: April 02, 2011 07:06PM

I got a few pairs of the Self Sealing Inserts at the ICRBE and they are the greatest. Wouldn't go back to drilling the hole in the cap. If you haven't tried them,,,,you need to.

J.B.Hunt
Bowling Green, KY

Posted by: Les Stewart (---.rh1.dyn.cm.comporium.net)
Date: April 05, 2011 06:27PM

You can keep the numbers from wearing off for much longer if you stick a piece of clear packing tape over them. I was having that problem but not any more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster