I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Biily V & the nerbs
Posted by: Harry Kelly (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 27, 2011 05:49PM

Just wanted to thank Billy and the nerbs for another great gathering..The food was great, the sugar rush kept everyone on their toes LOL ( NO MORE SUGAR FOR GABE ) The talent packed in one room was sick, Some the rods and techniques were just crazy..Their was guys outside teaching stuff...inside in the front of shop..the back of the shop....so much info flowing around... If you ever get a chance to attend one of these gatherings you will not regret it......from beginner to expert it doesn't matter their is something for everyone.....KEEP UP THE HARD WORK GUY'S....... Harry

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Biily V & the nerbs
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 27, 2011 06:31PM

Harry, thank you. It really was a great day yesterday. I'l be throingup some pics over the next couple of days, there are a bunch already on Facebook.

Yesterday a total of 27 people showed up (my Dad stopped in for a couple of hours). This was the biggest NERBs Gathering to date, and we had 8 builders who never attended one before. It's great to be able to reach that many builders and teach them the finer points of the craft and answer al their questions. And then feed them SOur Patch Kids & Sweedish fish al day, lmao. HAd catered food yesterday, Chicken Franchese, fried mozzaella, 4 different kinds of wraps, garlic knots, penne vodka, Boston Creme donuts, a few cases of beer. Gotta love it!!

Posted by: carl harvell (---.lightspeed.mtryca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 27, 2011 06:54PM

Man billy,, just the food is making me think it may be worth the flight out there !!!!

Posted by: Gabe Nakash (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2011 11:04PM

I didn't have that much sugar. I just was having too much fun to be quiet. It's nothing new. Lol.

Date: March 27, 2011 11:11PM

Okay maybe I did have too much sugr.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: March 28, 2011 07:37AM

Billy, sounds like it was a good one. Great to get people geared up on rod building as the notoriously slow part of the season is coming up .

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Steve Zayas (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 28, 2011 10:33AM

couple of weeks we get to fish everything we built all winter..

Date: March 28, 2011 06:52PM

im going first week of april if the OE is. I better put the finish on these already. lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster