I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

BLDBAG Micros
Posted by: Mitch Leppelmeier (---.dsl.bcvloh.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 21, 2011 06:01PM

Has anyone used these yet for a micro build? What did you think? They look like they have a "laid forward" angle to them. I really like the regular alconite size 4's but have seen alot of them bending lately. Just looking for something a bit more durable.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BLDBAG Micros
Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.hsd1.la.comcast.net)
Date: March 21, 2011 07:48PM

Mitch I've used them on several builds with positive results. They're made beefier than the standard frames. Also the K series micros are a lot sturdier than the regular BLAG micros. I keep all of the above guides in stock. Most of my builds are with the K series.

Lance

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: March 21, 2011 08:24PM

Using the heavy duty for butt - K's in the middle where load is higher on pull out and BLAG on the last three or four runners due to lighter weight.
A

Posted by: John Martines (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 21, 2011 11:15PM

I use the TLBSG ( SIC titanium version) guides on surf rods for a few years now and they are plenty strong. I have never had one bend, move, crack and I beat my rods up on jettys. The way the frame is stamped gives it good ridged structure. IMO one of Fuji's best designs. now if they would bring these to the USA with an Alconite ring we would be real happy!!

Posted by: Ken Miller (---.dhcp.roch.mn.charter.com)
Date: March 22, 2011 07:43AM

John Martines Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I use the TLBSG ( SIC titanium version) guides

John, where can these guides be found? i have a pair of them that I picked up at a factory "garage sale" over a year ago,
and I haven't been able to find them in order to complete the set.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 22, 2011 07:51AM

TLDBSG size 6's will be in stock from me in a couple of weeks. I've been using them and selling them for 4 years now.

Posted by: mike harris (---.borgwarner.com)
Date: March 22, 2011 08:43AM

If you are looking for a very nice microguide that are slightly beefier than the BLAG4, look at the American Tackle ring lock NBRLMG, or the Cigna micro guides that Alex is importing and Lance is selling. I haven’t used too many of the Kigan guides yet but I really like them, the frame is strong and has a pretty good shape, it looks like the ring is held in very well, and they have plenty of neck to do a Forhan locking wrap on. The American Tackle and Kigan tips are both quite a bit stronger than the Fuji BMCAT tip, with excellent bracing and rings that are held in very well. On both the guides and tips the Fuji parts are slightly lighter, but the difference is slight and nowhere near like going back to old school guide sizes, it is just one more area where we have to strike a balance between weight and durability.

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: March 22, 2011 11:07AM

Mitch,

Lance @ swampland just sent me a set of them to give a run on a musky rod. They are much stronger than the plain version. I don't know how they will do yet, but they sure seem to be a big improvement over the standard.

DR

Posted by: Gary Snyder (---.fort-lauderdale-04rh15-16rt.fl.dial-access.att.net)
Date: March 29, 2011 02:15PM

Pacific Bay is advertising a new one:

[www.utmostenterprises.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster