I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

The Numbers Are In...
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 03, 2011 05:07PM

[www.rodmakermagazine.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Numbers Are In...
Posted by: John Martines (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 03, 2011 05:19PM

So I guess a break even or so with last year isn't a bad thing. With the economy the way it is I'm glad it didn't turn down for the Expo. The sad part about the Expo is that it had to end, it goes faster every year. Still it's a great time and to see old faces and meet new ones is what it's all about.. Can't wait till next year already!!

Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: March 03, 2011 05:21PM

Wow, that's awesome. Can't wait til' next year.

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Date: March 03, 2011 05:29PM

Ticket sales increased over last year. I removed duplicates (some folks bought two daily tickets instead of the single two-day ticket) so that we'd have a better picture of the actual number of individuals attending.

Something I haven't seen mentioned - the ticket prices were reduced this year from $10 to $8 and with the RodMaker coupon, several hundred folks got in for just $5. And yet, the overall gate exceeded that of last year. I never mentioned the RodMaker coupon as I wanted to see how many would find and use it. I haven't counted those, yet, but the size of the stack would indicate that several hundred did indeed find it in their last issue.

Date: March 03, 2011 05:37PM

These were the numbers from last year: "2010 Attendance - We sold 1822 1-day tickets and 486 2-day tickets"

The 2011 event smoked the 2010 event badly. Even with the slight decrease on Sunday, Saturday's crowd enabled us to set another attendance record. But I do think that continued growth will be more difficult in the future.

Most importantly, folks are still having fun! I was editing photos for the magazine report today and the smiles on the faces of everyone says more than mere numbers can.

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 03, 2011 06:34PM

Large attendance numbers are great but when it's all said and done, what matters most is did those attendees get what they expected, did the exhibitors to as well as they expected too, and of course, the event needs to at least pay for itself as well.

Although I wasn't able to make it this year, I have no doubt that the the answer to those questions are a big
YES!!!!!

That is why I will always do what I can to be at the ICRBE for as long as it exists. It's a win-win for all concerned.

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Walt Davenport (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: March 03, 2011 06:44PM

QUOTE "I never mentioned the RodMaker coupon as I wanted to see how many would find and use it"

I saw it, but didn't want to cut up my magazine, paid full price with no hesitation. Had a great time, spent a lot of money, saw a lot of old friends, made a few new ones.

Walt

Walt Davenport
"Roadhouse Rods"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2011 06:45PM by Walt Davenport.

Date: March 03, 2011 07:08PM

Walt,

I purposely put it in a place where there was nothing on the back side of the coupon but the top half of the reception announcement. But I'm flattered you think enough of the magazine not to cut it at all.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.sub-174-252-87.myvzw.com)
Date: March 03, 2011 07:12PM

I didn't get my magazine until Monday after I got home. The coupon was on the reverse page of the reception ticket so you wouldn't ruin anything . Tom thinks of everything.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.ppoe.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: March 03, 2011 07:20PM

This was the third Show my brother and I have attended. We had a wonderful time seeing old friends and making new ones. If you are a Rod Builder or interested in building rods, it is well worth attending even if you don't buy anything. Some of the things you can see there is absolutely amazing. But I think the best part is the people you meet. You just cant find a nicer bunch of folks gathered at one place. You would think they all came from the same neighborhood. I guess all Rod Builders bleed the same blood.

Tom; Your staff is to be commended for the effort they put forth. A great bunch of guys. Also, the girls at the concession area need a big Thank You for taking care of our food and drink needs during the day. They did a superb job and called everyone "honey".

Ray Adams; we missed you this year, sorry you couldn't make it. It took Bob,Keith,Jim,Gary , myself , and also Bill Eshelman to handle Mike Barkley this year. We could have used your help also.

We are already gearing up for next year !!!

J.B.Hunt
Bowling Green, KY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2011 07:21PM by Jay Hunt.

Posted by: Eric Guarino (---.client.stsn.net)
Date: March 03, 2011 07:34PM

Congratulations on the success of the show. On a side note, I made my first rod in 1991 and my first duck call in 2005. The crowds do not mix. Duck call shows are notoriously loud and annoying, even for me and I can't hardly hear a thing in one ear.

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: March 03, 2011 07:37PM

Jay,

What do you mean, "They called every body honey" ? I thought it was just me. That is why I had 6 cups of coffee on Saturday morning.

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: Marco Antonio (---.cpe.vivax.com.br)
Date: March 03, 2011 10:19PM

Congratulations Tom and everyone, for this victory

Marco Antonio (São Paulo) ( Brasil)

Date: March 03, 2011 10:29PM

Marco,

Two of your rods were included in the Atrium display. They received many nice comments.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (97.106.17.---)
Date: March 03, 2011 11:10PM

Tom Kirkman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Marco,
>
> Two of your rods were included in the Atrium
> display. They received many nice comments.
>
> .............

They were gorgeous. Thanks to Marco for lending them to the show!

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: March 04, 2011 08:13AM

Hello Everyone.
I left my coupon on the counter at home!(no memory).

Had a great time, and I am waiting for the next one.

Thanks again Tom & Crew.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: Charles Lechner (---.bankofamerica.com)
Date: March 04, 2011 11:58AM

+1

This coupon is just like every coupon I ever cut out. Somehow they never seem to make if to the store, event, shop whatever.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: March 04, 2011 02:04PM

Be nice, Jay!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Marco Antonio (---.cpe.vivax.com.br)
Date: March 05, 2011 01:06AM

Tom Kirkman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Marco,
>
> Two of your rods were included in the Atrium
> display. They received many nice comments.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ...Thank you Tom and I am happy

Jim Gamble Wrote:

They were gorgeous. Thanks to Marco for lending them to the show!
---------------------------------------------------------
Thank you Jim

Marco Antonio (São Paulo) ( Brasil)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster