I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
decortive warps
Posted by: matt willey (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: February 28, 2011 01:53PM

I just getting into weaving and I was seeing what was easer to use the wander weaver or docs weaver just reamber i'm just learning

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: decortive warps
Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 28, 2011 02:23PM

If you are just learning and are not sure how deeply you want to get into weaving then I'd say that Doc Ski's weaving jigs are a good cost break. If you've already done some weaves using tape to hold the threads in place Doc's tool will help you a lot. The Renzetti wonder weaver is the Holy Grail of weavers.

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.ka.centurytel.net)
Date: February 28, 2011 03:24PM

Ken is correct! The Wonder Weaver has open a new door to weaving, I use Docs a lot and it has save me lots of time. Of course with the inquisitive mind I have. am trying to inconsiderate the 2 systems at the present time no success. LoL

Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: February 28, 2011 04:02PM

Bob. Gotta love the spell check. I think they need to come up with a thought check next.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Date: February 28, 2011 05:02PM

Fred that was suppose to have been ( incorporate). Hey do you remember the old days and my spelling. Emory had a feild day with me then LOL At least I know I am loved and some read my posts. Too thos of you who are new I am known as the weast spell here::))

Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: February 28, 2011 05:11PM

I read your every word, Bob, right or wrong.

Posted by: corky fleming (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: February 28, 2011 05:15PM

I am new back into rod building. But what is Doc's Tool and where can I find something on it?

Date: February 28, 2011 05:20PM

I hope at times U get a good laugh and some informative information. Here is some info for those who are in to weaving. Last week my wife found a book called TATTOO CLIP ART by Danny Miller. It has some cool pics. and layouts. Personally I am not in to Tattoos but these pics. could be incorporated in to some fantastic Weaves and Thread Art

Good Wraps Bob

Date: February 28, 2011 05:25PM

Corky it is a weaving jig that attaches to the blank. To get info on it contact Docski at Docski377@aol.com,

Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: corky fleming (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: February 28, 2011 05:26PM

Thank you

Date: February 28, 2011 05:42PM

You know Fred I you talk bad about you I did not appestat that was wrong I hope that someone deals with this I will not talk bad about you but this wrong

Date: February 28, 2011 05:48PM

I'm sorry Tom Kirkman I'm just trying to learn for the best of best rod builder

Posted by: David Dosser (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: February 28, 2011 05:49PM

I think he was just kidding with Bob, not serious.

David Dosser
Coshocton, OH

Date: February 28, 2011 05:50PM

Matt: What is this about Fred? I see no where where anyone slandered anyone. Heck most or all comments are made it fun

Good Wraps Bob

Date: February 28, 2011 05:59PM

Hey guys it is a common joke about my spelling. Everyone gets a good laugh out of it, but I still get my point across. My problem is now I need a gramme check. Hey if you are new, in the old days a dear rod building friend from OR, who is an engineer use to have conversation on my use of the words Well and will LOL Well guesse what I still use it in teh wreng place :)))))smiling

Good Wraps Bob

Date: February 28, 2011 06:04PM

bob I'm just a little jumpy about that stuff

Date: February 28, 2011 06:08PM

now less back to what ask about first off so you like docs but the wander weaver harder to use I do the software the wander has or can you use the software for both

Date: February 28, 2011 06:19PM

Matt occasionally we how have been around pick fun at each other, no harm intended. When it comes to rod building now that is a differnt story. Golly I have been on this site sense it started. New comers are never pick on. Some times you well see a smart remake when someone ask a question that has been posted a dozen times and a fast search could answer the question. Case in point, What is the guide spacing for XYZ rod. The true answer is there is none. Each blank, same model and series has its own caricaturists so the spacing is differnt on all blanks. I would have emailed you this but your email is hidden. Mine is balcomberods@aol.com We even comment on workmanship good bad or indifferent and give solutions to a problem. We are here to share and have some laid back fun

Good Wraps Bob

Date: February 28, 2011 06:24PM

With Docs you you use the left list, It works on a single plane, with wonder weaver you can make your pattern go around the entire rod. You can purchase how to videos

Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 28, 2011 06:30PM

I don't think (and did not mean to imply) that the Renzetti Wonder Weaver is more difficult to use. The Wonder Weaver is actually much easier to use on any weave that you wish to wrap around a blank (small diameter / larger weave pattern). As for software either @#$%& or Visual Weave are good programs. My inclination is toward @#$%& because I am more familiar with that particular software.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster