I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Expo Weather
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 15, 2011 06:23PM

I don't really trust long range forecasts - not anything much further out than maybe 3 or 4 days. However, the current Nationwide long range weather forecast through the Expo weekend calls for unseasonably warm and dry weather across most of the Country, My fingers are crossed that it holds.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Expo Weather
Posted by: kevin knox (---.baybroadband.net)
Date: February 15, 2011 09:28PM

HA! It always snows on sunday of expo weekend, somewhere between NC and Maryland........

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.ppoe.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: February 15, 2011 09:45PM

My fingers are crossed also. We are driving to the EXPO,across the mountains.

J.B.Hunt
Bowling Green, KY

Posted by: Steve Zayas (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 16, 2011 12:21AM

with my luck it will be 60 in ny and freezing down there. i cant take this winter anymore..

Posted by: David Gilberg (---.pghkny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 16, 2011 02:38AM

One year my flight was cancelled due to snow. Last year my return flight was switched. They sent me back to NY via Detroit. There was no snow in NC or in NYC but they had 6 inches on the ground in Detroit with more coming every minute. I don't know how they were able to keep the runways clear for our take off.. but we made it.

We're due for some nice weather for a change.

Posted by: HANK Turner (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: February 16, 2011 11:13AM

good job Tom, picking out the correct week for the expo.

Posted by: William (Bill) Jones (---.pool.starband.net)
Date: February 16, 2011 11:43AM

Two days of driving from Arkansas. At least I-40 near Ashville is now open on the East bound side.

Posted by: Lou Auret (204.16.161.---)
Date: February 16, 2011 12:15PM

The I40 is open near Ashville ?
When i looked it up last week they said it would only open in April, i am coming from Memphis so it makes the difference between one long drive of 10.5 hours or a split two day trip taking 13 or 14 hours.

Date: February 16, 2011 12:52PM

Lou, the NCDOT report says the detour is ended.
[www.ncdot.org]
Apparently the East bound has both lanes open and the Westbound has one lane open.
Bill

Posted by: Bill Napier (---.hosted.static.webnx.com)
Date: February 16, 2011 01:16PM

It is hard to believe that with today's machinery and technology that a rock slide could close a major interstate highway for almost a year! But I know that is some pretty darn rugged country through there.

Posted by: mike harris (---.borgwarner.com)
Date: February 16, 2011 01:38PM

All lanes are open through the gorge, when you go through there you will understand why it took so long.

Posted by: Lou Auret (204.16.161.---)
Date: February 16, 2011 02:15PM

Nice, thanks for the update.
I was planning to maybe go via Birmingham/ Atlanta this year but now not.

Date: February 16, 2011 06:06PM

My wife slides down in the seat & covers her eyes & hollers at me when we go thru the gorge. As an old construction engineer that gorge & highway is almost as impressive as the entrance into Zion National Park in Utah. The geology is fascinating and the precautions to prevent landslides is amazing.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 16, 2011 06:13PM

Those are the highest and most rugged mountains in North America east of the Mississippi. A rock slide there is no minor thing. They happen regularly and cause road closures for months at a time. Thankfully it should be open this year which will save many folks several hours drive time. It's a very good highway, when it's open.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster