I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

fishing shakes
Posted by: robert kravic (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: February 15, 2011 12:16PM

i am making the trek to the icrbe from ohio to shake some blanks. my problem is after i look at all those custom rods is that i'll have to go fishing. my question is where can i catch a couple bass around high point in march - do any of you guys bring your boats.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fishing shakes
Posted by: Charles Lechner (---.bankofamerica.com)
Date: February 15, 2011 01:09PM

High Rock Lake isn't far from town, and should be warming up nicely by the time of ICRBE. I wish I could say I was available on Friday or Sunday, but I won't know till the last minute. There are lots of guys around that might me able to hit a nearby lake, so perhaps someone will be available. Email me and I will check back at the beginning of next week.

Posted by: Roger Rierson (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: February 15, 2011 01:24PM

Oak Hollow Lake is about 5 or 6 miles from expo on hwy 68 coming in to high point from greensboro.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 15, 2011 05:44PM

I'll not be in a situation to go fishing either. But I would put High rock at the top of the list. It's a great fishery.
Also a new lake that has opened up on HWY 220 is a great option.

The only complaint I heard about the lake is that you can't catch a big fish.
Because you cannot keep you bait away from the 3 and 4 pounders long enough for a big fish to bite (and thats not an exaggeration either)

Date: February 16, 2011 09:22AM

Yeah Randleman is nice, but you pay 15$ for up to 3 people to fish, I have only been once but we did catch a couple of 4lb fish and about 20 1.5 - 2 lb fish.

Posted by: Richard Glabach (158.72.186.---)
Date: February 16, 2011 12:41PM

Maybe this is a foolish question, but are we talking about LM, SM or striped bass?

Posted by: mike harris (---.borgwarner.com)
Date: February 16, 2011 01:41PM

Around High Point I believe it is mainly largemouth, although some lakes may have striped bass stocked in them. Over here in the western part of the state we have largemouth, smallmouth, and spotted bass.

Date: February 16, 2011 04:58PM

whoa -whats this lake called - i have cabin fever bad and will settle for a few four pounders. can you rent a boat there?

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 16, 2011 09:38PM

Whats a stripper LOL

[www.ptrwa.org]

Date: February 18, 2011 01:27PM

let me get this right, randleman just opened last year and has been closed since the end of november but opens on march first but is closed on monday and tuesday which means the first day you can fish is wednesday march the second? is it a madhouse trying to launch on opening day- because if that lake was in northern ohio it sure would be!

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 18, 2011 01:55PM

Around here opening day is a fantastic day to go to a ramp with a video camera - lots of amusing (and sad) 'stories' ..

Date: February 18, 2011 04:51PM

You have to 'check in' and pay a fee at Randleman so it is a tad slow which makes the Ramp activity a bit less crazy in the AM. But it can backup waiting to get into the parking area to get checked in. I suspect that it will be a madhouse this spring, but probably worth the wait.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster