I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

How's This for a Friday Blunder?
Posted by: David Gilberg (---.pghkny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 11, 2011 11:33PM

I booked R/T flight and hotel for the Expo about 3 Fridays ago. Today, while reading Karen Hapka's Forum entry about a surprise at the upcoming Expo I thought she got the dates wrong. I was about to correct her and decided I better check the facts just to be sure...

Lo and behold I had booked the wrong weekend!!! To make matters worse the flights were non-refundable. I really didn't want to jump through any hoops trying to claim a medical reason for canceling the trip so I bit the $175.00 bullet and was able to reschedule the flights.

Unfortunately there are no rooms available now at the Best Western which is where I stayed last year. It was super convenient to be so close to the exhibition hall but I'll be fine using cabs to shuttle back and forth from some other hotel.

In case someone is planning to cancel their room reservation at the Best Western I would appreciate a heads up so I can take over the room.

Frankly I hope all who plan to go will get there. The more the merrier. But if something comes up and you will be canceling a reservation at the Best Western for Friday, Feb. 25 thru Mon, Feb 28 please contact me so I can cover it.

This will be the 4th Expo for me and they keep improving by leaps and bounds.
Looking forward to seeing some old buddies and making new ones.

Many thanks,
Dave Gilberg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How's This for a Friday Blunder?
Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 12, 2011 05:04AM

Dave' there are a Couple other hotels within a Couple blocks of the Expo check them

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 12, 2011 09:14AM

When I got a room at the Atruim down the street there was 2 left and I took one, that was 3 weeks ago.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.ppoe.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: February 12, 2011 09:56AM

Check the Econolodge 3 blocks down from the Best Western, 336-882-4103.

J.B.Hunt
Bowling Green, KY

Date: February 12, 2011 09:57AM

Barry and Fred; Thanks !

I booked a room at the Atrium.

If you see me say hello.

Dave

Date: February 12, 2011 09:58AM

Jay.. thank you too. I didn't see your post.

Dave

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 12, 2011 11:08AM

At this point you're apt to find that any hotel within a mile of the Showplace will be sold out. Always worth a try in case there's been a cancellation, but as the Expo continues to grow, the hotels sell out earlier and earlier.

Here are a few other options:

[www.icrbe.com]

Date: February 12, 2011 04:56PM

I'm all set with a room at the Atrium.

Thanks

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 12, 2011 05:05PM

David; Did you call the Airline About Changing weekends there might not be a Total loss of your Fare for transfering

Date: February 12, 2011 08:26PM

Barry,

I booked the trip through Priceline. They charged me $28.37 to for canceling the hotel booking.. and wanted another $30 for canceling the flight but told me to cancel directly with the airline (US Air) and possibly save on that fee.

US Air charged me $150 to effect the flight changes.

All water under the bridge now. It just puts a crimp on my spending at the show but that doesn't dampen my enthusiasm. I go for the seminars and camaraderie more than anything else.

Posted by: Karen Hapka - Bingham Ent. (---.rdns.blackberry.net)
Date: February 13, 2011 09:44AM

David- glad I posted otherwise you might have missed the show all together!!
Stop by my booth and say hello.

Karen
Bingham Enterprises

Posted by: Ron Weber (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: February 13, 2011 01:51PM

Boy, that woulda been awkward, get there, go to the show-----and NO SHOW-----oops.
Don't feel bad, I did it at one of my drag races, fortunately I only had to pull 240 miles round trip and waste some gas, only to have to turn around and go back the next week, because I had already paid my pre-entry fee.

Date: February 13, 2011 05:02PM

I would have figured out a way to stay there the entire week and wait for the show. I only work part time so a couple days of missed work wouldn't have been a problem.

But yeah.. I would have felt like an even bigger dunce than I do now.

Date: February 13, 2011 05:05PM

Karen, I'll be happy to thank you in person at the show...

David

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster