I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Blank Warranty Issue
Posted by: Kerry Hansen (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 11, 2011 04:57PM

Any of the businesses I deal with take care of the problem and don't "PASS THE BUCK". They deal with the manufacturer. There are plenty of good businesses out there who want your business and will take care of the problems for you. Change supplyer, that is what I do. I take care of the businesses that take care of me, it is as simple as that, PERIOD.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: February 11, 2011 05:29PM

I also agree with Kerry!! If Phil is correct that the blank he revived may a problem. That blank should not gotten threw any of the quality control factors they must pass threw before going to the customer. Quality control at the factory and lastly quality control at the suppliers end. Phil also stated that the manufacture is also a sponsor on this site it does not take a rocketman to narrow who they could be. If it were me I would contact the manufacture and let them know what I think maybe wrong

Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Paul Rotkis (---.gci.net)
Date: February 11, 2011 10:00PM

I strongly echo what Kerry Hansen says. And speaking form first hand experience, dealing with manufacturers can be an absolute nightmare regardless of whom they are or how long they have been in buisness.

Posted by: Phil Brenner (198.217.64.---)
Date: February 12, 2011 03:43AM

I too agree with kerry. Do what you have to do to get this one fixed, but id be buying my stuff elsewhere next time. Although i totally see what is being said about the manufacturer setting the warranty policy, im seeing this more as a customer service issue. My thought is it should have never been shipped to you that way. If i buy a new product the last thing i should have to do is get it warrantied before i ever use it. I think the viewpoints may vary because a lot of people on this board are professional builders. Many of us are however hobby builders. When i buy a part i pay retail, and i kind of expect retail type customer service. Now maybe that doesnt work for some suppliers, and that is fine, but then i will just choose to head downt the road next time.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 12, 2011 08:26AM

Very often we talk about how builders should explain their own warranty policy to customers so that there'll be no misunderstanding if something should happen to the customer's rod. If the customer knows the policy beforehand, then there are no surprises.

This is the same situation. The rod blank has a written warranty policy. The customer should follow that warranty policy. Folks can argue all they want about what they think the dealer could or should do, but the fact remains, the blank has a written warranty written by the company that made the blank. The proper course is to follow it.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (97.106.17.---)
Date: February 12, 2011 08:40AM

Please bear in mind that many manufacturers REQUIRE distributors to refer ALL warranty claims to them ... regardless of specifics, length of term, etc.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that anyone is "passing the buck" in this situation. In my years of experience, I have found manufacturers to be extremely accommodating, very responsive and terribly efficient. Odds are good that a replacement blank can be on the way within days. Occasionally, items slip through the cracks. My guess is that the blank in question was in a factory sealed bag - meaning it would have been completely impossible for the distributor to even know that there was an issue.

Pickup the phone, call the manufacturer, politely explain the situation and experience the remedy - it is very unlikely that you won't have a positive outcome.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 12, 2011 09:20AM

Instead of going though all that - does the tip fit the butt ? If so buy how much ? If the tip is too long you can trim it yourself.

Just a thought.

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: February 12, 2011 12:35PM

Over the years lots of both retailers got stuck with merchandise that was not actually defective, but actually damaged by the user. The user ended up with new merchandise, and someone else got stuck with the user issues.
As a result more and more manufacturers and retailers both - will simply do not returns, unless they have an RMA number from the manufacturer.
The net result is that the real manufacturing and warrenty issues ane being addressed and resolved, and "users of the system" are being rejected, as they should be rejected.

Yes, it is more inconvenient, but in the end, likely the best thing for the market.

Roger

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster