I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Mudhole is not a good company!
Posted by: kevin gross (---.static.izoom.net)
Date: January 30, 2011 11:22PM

Every time i go to their website i spend money. every time i open their catalog i spend money. I had a question so sent them an email and got a response in hours. I even called them with a question and they were super nice and knew what they were talking about. I dont think they will be of any help what so ever helping me kick my rod building addiction. Between Mudhole and Batson i am screwed. On a serious note a heck of a lot of companies out there could take a lesson from those two companies on how to treat a customer. They both have top notch good and world class service to back it up.

Kevin Gross
Many men will spend their whole life wondering if they made a difference. Marines dont have that problem - Ronald Regan

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2011 11:24PM by kevin gross.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mudhole is not a good company!
Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 31, 2011 01:08AM

You are right....it's "not a good company"..................it's great!

Posted by: John Lubben (---.static.gci.net)
Date: January 31, 2011 01:21AM

I totally agree! These guys!! I tell you!!! I'll never get over this habit... Shame on you guys for treating me right!! ))

Posted by: Ron Weber (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: January 31, 2011 05:54AM

Boy you hit the nail on the head with that one.

Posted by: Rick Rifendifer (---.pitbpa.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 31, 2011 06:22AM

THANKS!! You just made me go to their web site. It's not nice to spread an addiction.( except with Mudhole)LOL

Posted by: Dave Wylie (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 31, 2011 08:52AM

I agree 100%! Outstanding CS.

Posted by: Jim Meallows (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 31, 2011 09:46AM

When I saw your headline I was going to reply that was not my experience there. I've always been very happy with their knowledge and customer service. Glad to see many others are being treated great as well.

Posted by: Larry Hale (---.dsl.eulstx.swbell.net)
Date: January 31, 2011 11:20AM

Amen to That!

Larry

I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life.

Posted by: gary Marquardt (141.211.233.---)
Date: January 31, 2011 12:34PM

my local Ford dealer could take a lesson or two from these guys.
Other place with great service for non rodbuilding stuff but fun gifts - think geek. great service.

Posted by: John M. Hernandez (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: January 31, 2011 02:45PM

Semper Fi Kevin,

Those two are the best I have ever delt with period.

OOOHHHRAAAHH,

John Hernandez

Posted by: Drew Pollock (162.119.68.---)
Date: January 31, 2011 03:25PM

Mudhole gets very high marks from me as well. No one else has the selection that they do, but more importantly, no one else has website this user friendly. It is truly the best in this industry. Not to mention the excellent and complete catalog they just mailed out! For a novice rodbuilder, they are the best, and very friendly/helpful on the phone. I just wish orders didn't take so long to get to California.

You might want to edit the title of this thread to make the sarcasm more evident. I thought it was going to be an problem when I was scanning the board list. Glad it was not! Clearly, Mudhole is an excellent company and deserves to be recognized as such.

Rod #6 completed yesterday with plans for #7 in my head already. I just need a day or two to go fishing!

Drew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2011 04:34PM by Drew Pollock.

Posted by: Adam Curtis (74.7.62.---)
Date: January 31, 2011 06:34PM

I was very happy with them but recently have moved to "on the fence".

Posted by: Jim Creed (---.int.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 31, 2011 07:26PM

mud hole, bass pro shop, and a gun store, i can't get near one without spending money,
as a matter of fact you can add decal connection to that list.

Posted by: Brad Rhodes (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2011 09:20PM

amen to that brother they are amazing at what they do there like the rod building GODS how dare them be so good to everyone whats wrong with them. I will never deal with another rod building company as long as im building rods they got my business for as long as im alive. build on guys

Posted by: Tom Locke (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 31, 2011 09:25PM

My only gripe is shipping charges. I hate flat fee based on dollar amount spent. I know it is the easy way to do it, but in this day and age it should be pretty simple to calculate accurate shipping charges. $50 worth of guides does not cost the same amount to ship as $50 of eva grips or $50 of epoxy.

Posted by: Herman Knott (---.static.acsalaska.net)
Date: January 31, 2011 09:41PM

Mud hole has on my last order only charges me real shipping charges.
Then again I ordered 2 guides that i shorted my self and they sent them right away and the shipping was more than the eyes but the are shipping to alaska.

Posted by: Bob Pratt (---.cust.wildblue.net)
Date: January 31, 2011 09:46PM

There is one company that I deal with along with MudHole that calculates your shipping on actual weight and size of the order. By size I mean physical size, but the rub is there are so many combination of orders they can't give the shipping charges until the order has been prepared for shipment. So you don't know what your shipping charges are until right before it ships. You are notified what the charges will be by email at which time you can approve the shipment or decline it. If it's not a problem not knowing then it's a good deal. I decline to give the name of the company because they are not an advertiser here. I have advised them to join the board.
Bob

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.skylan.net)
Date: February 01, 2011 11:47AM

MudHole is indeed a great supplier. I use them alot. We are very fortunate to have many other dealers with good reputations as well.

I have had only one bad experience which was on parts availability and that dealer is no longer in business.

Get to know other dealer reps and come down to the I.C.R.B.E. in a few weeks

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: Dan Nico (---.stx.res.rr.com)
Date: February 02, 2011 11:27PM

Mudhole is so bad, they keep this rod building addiction so, ummm... ADDICTING!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster