I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Batson Enterprise
Posted by: Roger Rierson (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: January 28, 2011 01:05PM

I have tried for 2 days to connect to Batson web site with no luck. I have tried other vendors that has a batson link to their site and still no luck. Anybody having the same problem. I have used safari and firefox in my search.

Thanks,
Roger

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Batson Enterprise
Posted by: Chuck Payne (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 28, 2011 01:07PM

I just checked it is working for me

Posted by: Jeremy Wagner (---.sta.embarqhsd.net)
Date: January 28, 2011 01:08PM

I've visited their site each of the last 3 days with no issues. Sounds like a problem on your end.

jeremy

Posted by: Roger Rierson (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: January 28, 2011 01:11PM

ok. Thanks

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: January 28, 2011 01:12PM

Hello Everyone.

It came up fine for me too.

good luck.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 28, 2011 01:16PM

Internet signals take different courses depending on where they're originating at. The route your request is taking to the host site for Batson may be traveling through a server somewhere that is busy or undergoing some type of maintenance.

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.grenergy.com)
Date: January 28, 2011 01:19PM

I just clicked on their link on the left and it was up in seconds.

Posted by: Jim Williams (---.br1.sho.az.frontiernet.net)
Date: January 28, 2011 01:20PM

Not trying to be a dead horse...ahhhh....beat a dead horse to deader. But just fyi I went there yesterday with no problems at all. I did have a problem clicking on a link to the left.....but with Tom's help I discovered MY problem was on my end. I had days earlier changed my pop up security to a higher level. Didn't make the connection in my feeble head.

I have corrected that....and probably not what your problem is...but just an fyi.

Posted by: Bob Riggins (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 28, 2011 04:53PM

I just checked the site. It worked fine for me. The only problem is the RX8+ and RX7+ blanks are no longer listed. I had heard they were going away, but I really liked both blanks. Hopefully they are replacing them with something even betterr.

Posted by: Bob Pratt (---.cust.wildblue.net)
Date: January 28, 2011 09:27PM

A problem with one of the other sites was reported a couple weeks ago. I was one that could not open one of the sites on the left. One of the members recommended that we download Google Chrome and use it for our bowser instead of IE7, I did and all of my problems were cleared up. I don't know if this will help you but it sure helped me.
Bob

Posted by: Phil Brenner (198.217.64.---)
Date: January 29, 2011 09:04AM

like was said before it could be a setting or server issue on your end. Not too long ago i couldnt get on batsons site from work, but i could get there at home and from my Droid. They did some upgrades to the the network here at work and now i can get on their site again. (dont tell the boss.) LOL

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.chi.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: February 02, 2011 06:23PM

I had a similar issue with the four sites related to Rodmaker and it went on and on without a good solution until I finally called Verizon and had them change my internet server settings. Call your server and have them change the settings from auto to your specifying them, and it may be the solution. Set the server settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and see if that fixes your problem.

computers are marvelous things, but so frustrating.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster