I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

I have a problem with the quality of a sponsors goods...
Posted by: david mastrude (---.dhcp.reno.nv.charter.com)
Date: January 17, 2011 08:58PM

..and before i go any further,I need to know if it is appropriate to post here.
I have contacted the seller already,got one response but nothing was
resolved....What do you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I have a problem with the quality of a sponsors goods...
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 17, 2011 09:11PM

No, we don't use this forum for such a thing. I don't allow the sponsors to use the forum to tell the tale of customer defaults, bad checks, unpaid accounts, etc. and therefore I won't allow users to badmouth sponsors.

If you feel you have been treated unfairly, please let me know. On rare occasions and provided I can establish a pattern of fraudulent behavior, I have terminated a very small handful of sponsors. I'd need to hear from you and any others to the same effect.

Posted by: Les Stewart (---.rh1.dyn.cm.comporium.net)
Date: January 17, 2011 09:19PM

I think I would wait until you have finished working out your complaints with the merchant before throwing his name out here. I would suggest that you try to talk to the manager/ owner of the business and try to settle your dispute. After you have exhausted all avenues and nothing has been worked out I'd like to know who and what the problem was because I order most of my supplies from our sponsors listed on the left. Another possibility is to go to the ICRBE next month and you can probably talk to them in person and show them what your complaint is. Whatever you do I hope you get it settled.

Posted by: david mastrude (---.dhcp.reno.nv.charter.com)
Date: January 17, 2011 10:16PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2011 11:21PM by david mastrude.

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.stat.centurytel.net)
Date: January 18, 2011 02:32AM

I deal with most of the sponsors threw out a year I have never ran in to problem with the quality of their named goods or any goods they sale. I believe you should contact them directly. I agree with Tom's statement

Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: kevin knox (---.baybroadband.net)
Date: January 18, 2011 06:40AM

Duel. Parking lot of the Convention Center at High Point. Saturday at high noon....... Gimme something to do while eating my hot dog...

Posted by: Tom Locke (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 18, 2011 10:54PM

You already know the answer by how you wrote your message. I too one time had an issue that was not resolved. I ate the loss and never dealt with them again. Plenty of other good manufacturers out there. Like Tom said, if it becomes a pattern, you won't find them here anymore. Too bad that others will have to have issues, but one problem does not make for de-listing.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 19, 2011 08:22AM

Could this be a situation of "you get what you pay for"? or "If it sounds too good to be true - then it is too good to be true"

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 19, 2011 08:42AM

Contact Tom K and explain it to him.

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 19, 2011 10:20AM

He hasn't contacted me so I can't really take this seriously.

Posted by: Ron Weber (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: January 19, 2011 05:10PM

A lot of said problems are just the gross lack of communication has been my experience. Any issues I have ever had with any of my suppliers
(I might add also very very few) have always been resolved very satisfactorly.

Ron Weber

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.chi.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: January 27, 2011 05:56PM

You did the right thing to ask before flaming them. Good for you , and good luck in resolving the issue. I also think it wise to remember in most cases of customer-vendor issues, that we are not dealing with world peace. It should be kept in proper perspective.

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: January 27, 2011 06:31PM

When ever I had a issue with a product, let alone rod building. I have always first contact the Vendor Supplier to see if I do have a issue. If it can not be corrected at that level. Then I go to the manufacture. Without naming names what type of product was it? In 99.9% it can be corrected at those levels. In rod building it is consumer error or not understanding how a product works.

Good Wraps Bob

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster