I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

1970's Lamiglas Blanks
Posted by: Devin Murakami (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 17, 2011 02:20AM

I have recently purchased a set of 3 Lamiglas fiberglass casting blanks online at a very reasonable price. The seller says that these blanks were specially made for a company named Professional Outdoor Products in the 1970's. He has model numbers (#626, #684, #784) and blank specs. I was just wondering if anyone knows how or where I can look these up. Who knows...someone here might have a 40 year old catalog.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1970's Lamiglas Blanks
Posted by: john timberlake (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: January 17, 2011 09:32AM

why don't you contact lamiglas?

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 17, 2011 09:46AM

If they were made specifically for a private firm, then those numbers won't necessarily be standard Lamiglas catalog numbers.

Posted by: Joe Willsen (---.isp.broadviewnet.net)
Date: January 17, 2011 10:00AM

I don't have a catalog or any info other than personal experience. My father built on lamiglas fiberglas Honey colored blanks exclusively in the '70s. I was a teenager and we fished heavy saltwater...trolling wireline and jigging 4 or 5 oz diamond jigs for stripers and shipping the fish to market in Sheepshead bay.

My dad is long gone but his rods have lived on under almost constant use/abuse for 40 years.....my older brother bought his boat and rods when my dad could no longer fish and he still uses them today. I have re-built several of the rods because the guides gave out but the blanks are still going strong.

If the blanks you picked up are of the same quality you got a steal.

Joe

Posted by: Devin Murakami (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 17, 2011 06:50PM

My uncle still has many of those honey colered blanks. For my Xmas he gave me an old Sabre California 100+lb.
He claims that the materials and methods they used were very good, but couldn't comply with EPA regulations.
I have contacted Lamiglas so hopefully I will get more info, but its just to fill my curiosity.

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.stat.centurytel.net)
Date: January 18, 2011 01:23PM

John if Devin contacts Lamiglas my I suggest he talk to Dick Posey. He is the owner and the longest working person there. Depending when in the 70's that rod was built, would determine if is was built in Kent WA or Woodland WA

Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.145.100.97.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: January 18, 2011 10:35PM

Lamiglas still has the old catalogs which lists those model numbers. Contact Josh, he should be able to hook you up.

Todd

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster