I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

am I the only one??
Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: December 13, 2010 01:45AM

Ok so here it is 0140 in the morning and I am still working on rods... good thing cause I have people ordering.. bad thing cause I have to be up in three hours for work..... So, I have three handles I am glueing up on some MHX S781's. I reach for what I think is rod bond and whoa la, I pop open the top to my cork seal, promptly dumping half of it in my lap and all over the carpet... I now have a perfectly sealed pair of Levis and a sealed office chair.. LOL Well lets just hope that the rest of Monday just gets better. Am, I the only one who has this happen?

Have a great day gentlemen!

Tom Kaufmann

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: am I the only one??
Posted by: Garey Elkins (58.185.209.---)
Date: December 13, 2010 03:37AM

Last time I was home, I was cleaning my syringes out with alcohol, and spilled a bowl of DNA in my lap. I was wrapping in the privacy of my own home in my underwear hahahahaha. I got the burning sensation. Then 2 nights later, I was cleaning syringes again, I was pulling DNA in and out of syringe, and it snapped when I pushed it in, and DNA flew back up in my eyes. Thank goodness, it only ruined my contacts, but burned like a son of a gun. I now have 2 hazmat suits, hardhat, faceshield, chemical googles, and rubber gloves on order. My mother named me Garey, but she should have considered Bad Luck for an alternative, because I have it for days at a time.

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.ppoe.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: December 13, 2010 09:55AM

I do wish they would change the color of the label on the Cork Seal. I have opened it and spilled it also. And tried to a few more times.

J.B.Hunt
Bowling Green, KY

Posted by: Rene Voisine (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: December 13, 2010 09:59AM

No you are not the only one. A couple of weeks ago my shop area was in a more than usual state of chaos. I guess my brain as well. Thinking I was going to apply cork seal to 3 or 4 handles, instead I grabbed the bottle of u-40 brush cleaner (not even the same size container!!) and happily applied it to the handles, thinking how nicely it seemed to be soaking in to the cork. Duh.

Happy holidays to all.

Posted by: Bill Napier (---.hosted.static.webnx.com)
Date: December 13, 2010 10:03AM

I do not own a pair of pants that does not have an epoxy spot on them somewhere. Worst of all........... I have a glue apron hanging in the shop in perfect condition. Not a spot of anything on it!

Posted by: Phil Brenner (192.231.133.---)
Date: December 13, 2010 01:27PM

well has anybody ever noticed that renzetti ferrul lube looms exactly like permagloss. Well i was looking to lube a sticky ferrul opened up the bottle dunked in the male end only to notice the lube was awefully thick. Then i smelled it whoops luckily it wiped off clean with some dna. But just last week i did an even better one i was powdercoating some parts and the color i chose required a clear for durability. Well apparently they put labels on the powder for a reason but they only help if you read them fyi. I thought i grabbed the clear but i grabbed bright white instead (they look the same in the hopper and as you spray.) I didnt notice until it started to flow out and much to my surprise it didnt turn clear dohhh. So now my nice metalic black parts ate bright white and i have to strip them and start over.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 13, 2010 01:39PM

Like is said - measure three times - then cut once LOL

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: William (Bill) Jones (---.pool.starband.net)
Date: December 13, 2010 04:21PM

i CUT IT OFF THREE TIMES AND IT IS STILL TOO SHORT!!!

Posted by: wayne diduch (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: December 13, 2010 05:21PM

Slightly different Twist on the same subject. One Saturday morning my Wife opens the Door leading to the Recreation room, my Shop being located seperately and off to one side. She Hollers "Wayne, Paul is on the Phone!!! ". So i decide to take the call upstairs in the Kitchen. Shoot the breeze with my Buddy for 10 minutes, hang up, go back down to my Shop. Now i spend the next 20 minutes searching Hi and Lo for my Vernier Calipers. I can't find the thing anywhere!!!...Good reason why, the Damn thing had been in my hand the entire time!!!!...Naaahhhh, Didn't feel stupid at all !!! L.O.L

Posted by: Mike Thompson (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: December 14, 2010 01:01AM

When your super glue tube gets stopped up don't squeeze the crap out of it. Last time I did that it shot straight for my eye, luckily I was able to close my eye before it hit my eye ball, but I couldn't get back open. That took a emergency room trip.

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.rb.gh.centurytel.net)
Date: December 14, 2010 02:31AM

You and the 10 others are the only ones who have admitted doing strange things. The rest of us are pleading the 5th. Speaking of the 5th where did I leave my Scotch? Oh crap it is in the Microwave again, If wiffie finds it I am or will be served as a main course Have a Happy
Good Wraps Bob

Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.skylan.net)
Date: December 14, 2010 11:27AM

Have a Happy what?????

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.rb.gh.centurytel.net)
Date: December 14, 2010 01:43PM

::))) DAY

Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: December 14, 2010 07:10PM

well, I have finally gotten all three of the spinners complete... I actually stayed up until 0330 this morning finishing the epoxy...... just gotta do what make the customers happy and beating my time line made em REALLY happy. I only have 9 more to finish before the wife gets home from her deployment next week....good thing they makes lots of coffee and enery drinks. Nice to know that I am not the only one who hoses stuff up... miss those Friday Follies.....

Posted by: Bob Caulkins (---.doc.wa.gov)
Date: December 15, 2010 01:04PM

Even after reading these posts, and thinking, "Wow I really need to pay attention." Last night while making my mad dash to put the final coat on the threads, I had a funny thought pop in to my head. Yellow marked syringe goes in to the black capped bottle...right?

Yep I just epoxied the hardener syringe. Think I salvaged the mistake, but if not...there will be much cursing in every language I have learned to curse in.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster