I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

decals for St.Croix Legend Extreme
Posted by: lorenzo tellez (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: December 03, 2010 11:51PM

Would anyone know where I can find the decals that go on a St.croix Extreme rod , the ones that have the length and the line
Wt. and the SCV1,ect.., on it, and the StCroix rod decal its self, I am rebuilding a StCroix Extreme rod, cause of the awful wear and tear that it had on it, I would really appreciate this, to me it would really be what I think it would need on this rod.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: decals for St.Croix Legend Extreme
Posted by: Michael Sledden (---.dsl.emhril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 04, 2010 12:28AM

I would say get in touch with St Croix themselves.

Posted by: Karen Hapka - Bingham Ent. (---.rdns.blackberry.net)
Date: December 04, 2010 08:13AM

If a decal is lost or damaged proof of purchase from an authorized St.Croix dealer usually is required, before another decal would be issued. .

Karen
Bingham Enterprises

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2010 08:16AM by Karen Hapka - Bingham Ent..

Posted by: John Straight (---.netsync.net)
Date: December 04, 2010 08:31AM

Lorenzo, If you can't connect with St. Croix try try the Decal Connection to the left. They are very helpful, high quailty and reasonably priced.
John

Posted by: Karen Hapka - Bingham Ent. (---.rdns.blackberry.net)
Date: December 04, 2010 09:40AM

I believe Decal Connection will need proof of purchase also. -- but you can check with them and find out.
Not to be argumentative with anyone but.without actual proof of purchase of a blank what is to stop anyone from having name brand labels made to put on let us say blems and selling them for something other than what they really are?
Karen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2010 09:46AM by Karen Hapka - Bingham Ent..

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.sfldmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 04, 2010 01:39PM

Decal Connection will do a decal with the rod specifications, ie. length, weight,etc. But will not do a Manufacturers name or logo.

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.ronkva.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 04, 2010 02:35PM

Lorenzo,

I have several different SCV models for Bass rods that I never used. Let me know what blank you're looking for and I'll search my decal collection, if I have one, it's yours.

Also you could just write it on the blank if need be.

DR

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 04, 2010 04:55PM

Like DR says, wright it on. Or get some decal paper - wright on it and then put it on the rod. Laying the paper flat may make it easier to wright on

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Torin Koski (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: December 04, 2010 10:16PM

I guess I've always wondered why, if it's a custom rod, anyone would want to put the OEM decal on the rod anyway. The blank manufacturer only made the blank. Do you put decals on there for all of the components? That would make for an advertizing "billboard" for everyone but you. Give yourself the credit for building the rod! I save the original decal, submit it to my customers and tell them to hold in to it so that if they need to send the rod back to the blank manufacturer for repair, they can just "rubber band it" around the rod somewhere for (authentic) identification purposes (although a reputable blank manufacturer should easily be able to tell it's their blank by careful inspection/measurement).

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: December 05, 2010 04:11AM

I always hid the decal inside the butt. For 2 reasons in case you had to send the the rod back to the manufacture or if the rod was stolen you would have proof it was yours. As a rule I write all info on my rods

Good Wraps Bob

Date: December 05, 2010 12:38PM

That's an even better idea, Bob.

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.gctel.stellarllc.net)
Date: December 05, 2010 05:20PM

Lorenzo is rebuilding a factory rod and sounds like he wants it in original condition.

Date: December 05, 2010 08:04PM

I hope he's getting advertizing commission.

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: December 06, 2010 12:53AM

Any time a logo, emblem or article is is to be copied or print You have to get permission from the source. Just ask Tom.

Good Wraps Bob

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster