I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Nerbs Gathering in Wisconsin
Posted by: Mark Blabaum (---.yousq.net)
Date: November 20, 2010 02:39PM

I've talked with Billy and he is sanctioning a Nerbs gathering in Wisconsin. I have talked to the local Gander Mountain in Deforest, WI and they were kind enough to allow the use of their meeting room for this function. The date is set for Saturday January 22nd at their Deforest location; weather permiting. I haven't had a lot of time to put together the details for the day, but will keep all interested in the loop. The gathering is open to any one interested, Please e/mail me at hellsangler@live.com if you would like to be put on the mailing list. If any one would like to present or demo a technique, please let me know and we'll try to make time for you. Thanks Mark Blabaum

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nerbs Gathering in Wisconsin
Date: November 20, 2010 02:52PM

Btw, Dave Fowler, I have lost your e/mail address; could you please e/mail me at hellsangler@live.com

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 20, 2010 08:40PM

Nice meeting place Mark. Is there going to be a grip seminar? Wish I could make it out there.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Date: November 20, 2010 09:08PM

Yes there will be a grip seminar on segmented turning, I hear that a guy that does wooden grips will be putting it on (lol). I also have a couple of thread guys that are willing to introduce builders to the dark side. I'm also leaning towards a beginners rod building presentation, but I'm open to suggestions. MB

Posted by: Kyle Robinson (---.cdrr.qwest.net)
Date: November 20, 2010 09:13PM

Good deal Mark. Chris and I will try to make it!
Kyle Robinson

Posted by: Kyle Robinson (---.cdrr.qwest.net)
Date: November 20, 2010 09:16PM

Also, I have seen this wooden grips guy a couple times. He is pretty good!!
Kyle Robinson

Posted by: Dan Makauskas (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: November 21, 2010 05:51PM

The wooden grip guy is awesome. Especially when he's motivated lol!.

Posted by: Jim Kastorff (---.san.res.rr.com)
Date: November 24, 2010 07:21PM

If I still lived in Fond du Lac (born and raised there) I'd love to join you guys but the drive from San Diego is too much for me.......................

Date: November 24, 2010 08:03PM

Jim, I think the drive would be worth it after all it's the middle of winter; the snow and freezing rain would make the trip that much more fun (lol). If I was smart I would hold the event in California in the middle of January.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster