I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

HMX Mud Hole Blanks
Posted by: Stan Easley (---.dhcp.grps.or.charter.com)
Date: November 19, 2010 08:49PM

Thinking about making some spiral wrap one piece boat rod (salmon and steelhead Rogue& Chetco)and need some feed backfrom someone thats used this blank . Thanks Stan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HMX Mud Hole Blanks
Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: November 19, 2010 11:20PM

I haven't used that particular blank but I can tell you that i have been very satisfied with the blanks that I have used of theirs. I even stuffed one into the back of my Tahoe and broke 2 inches off of the tip. I called and asked what the blank might have been suitable for with the tip missing and I got a replacement blank free of charge, was totally suprised by that (no I didn't ask for a replacement, I was upfront and honest in telling them it was COMPLETELY MY FAULT for being broke)... it is that type of service that will keep me using and recommending their blanks!

Tom Kaufmann

Posted by: Jay Carroll (---.cellularsouth.com)
Date: November 21, 2010 04:48PM

I have one guy that will only let me use the MHX blanks for his rods. They do perform well though. All the ones I have encountered have been the bass blanks.

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.145.100.97.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: November 21, 2010 08:22PM

Stan,
send me an email. I still have some prototypes left that I'd like to get fished.

Todd

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: Tony Childs (152.72.151.---)
Date: November 24, 2010 09:03AM

I have a few of the MHX glass rods fishing on Lake Michigan. The 9' and 9'6 models are the perfect rod for cores and copper on boards. The 8'6" works very well for the riggers. It takes a nice uniform bend and loads up nice in a rigger. All of mine are spiral. I am kind of curious to try one of the 12-25# graphite versions as a low diver rod. Todd would that work, or not enough spine for mag dipsy divers?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster